Eighth graders get detentions for paying for lunch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
those kids should be congratulated for organizing a peaceful form of protest.

I agree with Nickk. Thats whats wrong with our country today, you try to do the right hing thee right way and you get punished for it. They ar taking our rights as citizens away slowly but shorely, DEMOCRACY ?

I would hate to be the person in line behind them.

Back when I was in 8th grade, I got suspended and put up for expulsion for having a watergun, but thats a different story...

I agree w/ you guys!! They shouldn't get in trouble just for paying w/ pennies!! I thought it was "legal tender"?????? I would hate to be behind them though but it was kinda funny! Way to go you honry brats!!! =D>

you cant buy stuff with pennies? whats the point of having them. "Schiff said school officials would work to harness the organizational power and desire of the students and channel it towards something that could impact the greater good." thats funny they tried that and they got punished, he must mean his idea of greater good.

I work at a high school that has about 1100 students. We run three 30 minute lunch sessions, and they have two registers running. If we have a shortened day the school shortens the class periods not the lunch periods, or we'd never get them all fed.

Waterwings said:
I work at a high school that has about 1100 students. We run three 30 minute lunch sessions, and they have two registers running. If we have a shortened day the school shortens the class periods not the lunch periods, or we'd never get them all fed.

yup, i remember that back in school. they'd shorten the class periods not the lunch periods all the time. that sucks to shorten the lunches, what if your the last kid in line getting food? that kid has to shovel food into his mouth :shock: .

Latest posts