Notes from my Memorial day speech

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatguy

Reaction score
They came from all walks of life, Farmers, Factory workers, Lawyers, every trade and profession. They were Brothers, Sons,Dads, Husbands The guy next door .Some were not yet afforded the rights of all Americans. They did extraordinary things and inspired the generations to come.
They came home some went to college, some to trade school, some to the factories, some went back to the farm. Some came home with horrific physical wounds some with wounds to the heart and mind.
Some Made the ultimate sacrifice on the alter of freedom and they deserve to be remembered
and that is the purpose of this day. It's not just a day off and it's not just for going to the beach or fishing or Camping. So please as you go about your activities today remember those who laid down their lives for freedom so this nation would not perish from the face of the Earth.
These are excerpts from a speech I was asked to give today.
To all who served and are serving Thank You for your service to our Nation.

Waterwings said:
Welcome Aboard, and very nice speech. :USA1:

Looking at your screen name, would you by chance be a current/former "Boatguy" (aka Navy SWCC)?
Unfortunately I was deemed physically unfit to serve, I got the name Boatguy in Highschool because while other kids were buying cars I was buying boats.

Latest posts