Wow, what a busy boat ramp.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think I saw a single Tin Boat in that mess.

Goes to show that we all have common sense to stay away from that kind of situation.

Didn't see any tins but i did see a couple old wooden boats. I love the old Chris Crafts or something similar. I got the fiance to agree to buying one to restore for our 5 year anniversary. :D

bulldog said:
Didn't see any tins but i did see a couple old wooden boats. I love the old Chris Crafts or something similar. I got the fiance to agree to buying one to restore for our 5 year anniversary. :D

I'd love to build a wooden boat.

Video shot in time elapsed(sp?) photograghpy so I wonder how long of a time span from start to finish.... granted seemed like a busy launch but "speeded up" images make it seem even busier....

Oh yea.. looked like a typical busy day at ANY popular Wisconsin boat launch....

Outdoorsman

If my boat launch had been taped this weekend, you would have thought the tape was broken. Some yahoo spend well over 30 minutes on a one ramp launch trying to get his boat centered on the trailer. He refused all help until finally some guys who were working (installing a dock) just told him what to do. He listened for fear of a beating, there were boats waiting everywhere.

Wasilvers, we had a guy like that last weekend...only he couldn't figure out why the bow of his boat wouldn't go over the top of his bow stop.

He backed his boat off and put it back on probably 15 times. All the while me and about 10 other guys were telling him his trailer was too far in the water. Finally after about 15minutes some old man jumped in the guys trucked and pulled the trailer up about 5 feet. The guy ran his boat up on the trailer, got in his truck and took off...never even strapped the boat down.

baseball_guy_99 said:
Wasilvers, we had a guy like that last weekend...only he couldn't figure out why the bow of his boat wouldn't go over the top of his bow stop.

He backed his boat off and put it back on probably 15 times. All the while me and about 10 other guys were telling him his trailer was too far in the water. Finally after about 15minutes some old man jumped in the guys trucked and pulled the trailer up about 5 feet. The guy ran his boat up on the trailer, got in his truck and took off...never even strapped the boat down.

Ouch! Never even strapped it down! I was 3rd in line after this ramp slow down. We had 2 recoveries and 1 pontoon launch. After I got all buttoned up and was leaving, this guy was STILL working on his boat. Seems to me if recovering was that much trouble, I wouldn't own a boat for long.

Latest posts