Favorite catalog/online tackle suppliers?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly flinger

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking for some alternative tackle suppliers, either catalogs or online. I know of all the big names, but I'm looking for something a bit more personal, faster and (hopefully) cheaper shipping than Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. Specifically, do you guys use and recommend any of the eBay Stores suppliers? Or any mom and pop stores with online catalogs? Wanna-be-Cabela's that use customer service as their angle?

Tackle warehouse and crucial tackle are the two I check first.

Tacklewarehouse for sure is my first go to for web shopping. I have to wait until I can justify a big enough dollar purchase though so shipping is free.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I'm in the midst of really checking out each website.
As a fly fisherman, I'm not very familiar with "tackle". But as I get more and more into warm water fly fishing, and saltwater fly fishing, I find that there is always some little component that I could use (titanium wire for shock leaders for example). Also, living in Montana, we have few and far between stores to shop at. . .

I've recently been making many purchases at both Cabela's and Bass Pro. Obviously their websites are awesome, but I'm growing frustrated with the lackadaisical way they decide when my order will be filled and the expense of shipping and handling. When I order things on eBay stores, they don't charge me for "handling" and my order is often in the mail the same day. When I buy at a store, the employee doesn't charge me if he has to go into the backroom to get an item. Why should we be charged because a store is so large that they have to go find it in their warehouse!?! And why do we get charged as much as $10 to ship something that fits in a $5 flat-fee USPS box?

Okay, sorry about the rant. Ironically, I work with teenagers and a large part of my job is teaching delayed gratification. . .
:)

Latest posts