Got my Harbour License

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
If you want to take your boat into the Toronto Harbour you need a sepcial license. Technically, when I fish for salmon I do occasionally enter the harbour boundary but I wanted to get my license so I can get into the inner harbour and Toronto Islands where there is some good bass fishing. So, I paid my $100 last night and took the test which consisted of a written component and practocal boat handling component.

The test was pretty elementary and, in my view a waste of time (i.e., government cash grab), althought there are a number of special navigation rules in the harbour, which has some large ship traffic, ferries and an international airport. Anyway, I'm just now waiting for bass season so I can get into the islands!

One interesting note, as I was waiting at the docks of the Humber College Sailing and Power School I noticed a huge school of baitfish up shallow. I think they were Alewife. Anyway, I'm gonna go and fish those docks when I get a chance too!

Latest posts