E Cigs- any thoughts??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaBassGirl

Reaction score
I don't know how many out here smoke, but I have been a smoker for almost 30 years. I have recently made up my mind to do something about it for my health and lets face it the cost now a days is just plain crazy!
My fiance and I decided we were going to quit and decided to control our nicotine by buying an E-Cig as the patches give me wicked crazy dreams and Chantix actually gave me a mild heart attack a few years ago. We decided to get the Super Ego brand of E-cig and have experimented with different blends and flavors of nicotine and I am proud to say I am DONE with cigarettes! I am 16 days without one and cannot even see myself going back.... of course I have had a craving for one but just a few puffs off the E-Cig and I am good.
I also noticed a big PLUS with them being on the boat yesterday. I mean, have you ever tried to smoke on the lake when your going over 20 MPH? LOL it isn't an easy thing! With the E-cig it is like you are are sitting still..... you get the full vape you won't get in a real cig.
I am very happy with this product. You get great vape, a good throat hit, the battery lasts for 2 days without recharging with the 1100 mah battery, and the many different choices of flavors and nicotine strength is awesome!

I bought the E-Cig through this company:: https://smokersvapor.com
and also shop with Joe @ https://ivape.net ( Joe has the BEST flavors period!)

any thoughts?

Good for you BassGirl. I agree that quitting cold turkey works, as it did for me over 20 years ago, but do whatever it takes to quit.

Unfortunately, I quit one bad habit and started another. Drinking Pepsi. I switched to Dt. many years ago, but for the last 20 years or so I've been drinking 4+ liters of soda a day. Just recently (2 months or so) I've been able to kick that habit and replace it with a diluted Crystal light mixture. Now I drink 5 or 6 liters of mildly flavored peach tea water a day. Doesn't sound all that good, but it's working....and water is free.

Still.....hope you can stick with it!

A FRIEND OF MINE USED IT BUT HE HAD TO FINALY JUST STOP ALL TOGETHER CAUSE HE SAID THAT ONCE THE CRAVINGS REALY WORE OFF IT DIDNT STOP THE HABIT OF HAVING A SMOKE, AND IT WAS REAL EASY FOR HIM TO P/U A CIGGY. HE HAS BEEN SMOKE FREE FOR 2 MONTHS NOW, JUST THE BEGINNING BUT HELL DO FINE I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN SMOKE FREE FOR 3 MONTHS I DID IT COLD TURKEY, ITS AN ADJUSTMENT AND HARD TO DO ESP ON THE BOAT, BUT I COULDNT PICK ON UP NOW, HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YA YOU WONT REGRET IT, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ALSO THEY CAN GIVE YOU A SCRIPT FOR CHANTIX ALSO, ANOTHER BUDDY OF MINE QUIT AFTER 40 YRS, ABOUT 20 YRS TO LATE THOUGH.. ALREADY HAS COPD. JUST WORK T IT YOULL BE FINE :D

Congrats to all of you guys for quitting and staying smoke free ...... thats really awesome!!

I quit a few years ago cold turkey and did really great for 8 months and I know it is no excuse but after the death of a close family member, me being upset and someone handing me a cig, well I was back on the smoking train!.. UGH!

I DID try chantix and it caused not one but TWO mild heart attacks ( one after I stopped taking it but it takes 28 days to leave the system and caused the 2nd just a week after the first) I have talked with my Dr. and she understands and is on board with my program with this E-cig. I am going down in strength with the nicotine just like the patch and lately I only use it occasionally. It is helping me quit and I am really happy with this tool! I don't even use it with the most common triggers anymore like after dinner, waking up, or riding in the car ....so this is a tool woking for ME :)

Again, I admire you guys for quitting and doing it without tools... I wish you all good luck! :)

my doctor suggested the e cig to me just a week ago. He said the e cig is "better" for you in terms you don't get the tar, etc., you get from a real cig, I realize its a quitting aid, but something to consider. If it works for you, go with it. GL with your trip down "quitters lane".

I hit 6 weeks today without a smoke. Cold Turkey. If I am being honest though, I am kind of an expert at quitting smoking: I have done it at least 1000 times!

But seriously, everyone is different. Cold turkey is the only method that will carry me beyond the 2 or 3 week mark. Any type of aid just reminds me of how much I would rather be smoking an actual cigarette, and in that weak state of mind that every smoker enters when trying to quit, it becomes very easy, and downright logical, to just get the real thing since it's cheaper and more readily available than the fake stuff you are using to try to quit. For me, it's better to not let the process drag on and on: just get it over and done with as miserable as it may be for that first week or so.

That being said, I know people that have had great luck using the quitting aids, and that's awesome. To each his or her own I say. If it keeps you from smoking, more power to you!

I have seriously thought of buying an e-cig but not to help quit, id buy it just so i didn't have to freeze my butt off smoking outside during the winter. I have all intentions of quitting someday (and i agree cold turkey is the only way to go) but lately ive had trouble getting into the quitting mindset. Instead id rather lay my 5 bucks on the counter and promise myself its the last pack ill ever buy..............................

I didn't mean to come off as condescending. The point I was trying to make is what BassAddict said about the "quitting mindset". I smoked for 20 years. Quit several times. :roll: It finally came down to me making the decision that I just wasn't going to lightup ever again. Once I got into that "quitting mindset" I never looked back.

After 14 years I still get an occasional urge, but that's more about the hand to mouth, nervous habit of smoking and less about any nicotine addiction thing. After 14 years I'm sure the drug has long since left my system.

A guy I worked with had good luck with the electronic cigarrettes. He said it mainly gave him something to do with his hands. And whatever ones he used our insurance covered so he liked the idea that the company was paying for his cigarettes in a way. lol

Good luck with your quitting!

I "quit" this time back in january but I slip a little when I go out for a couple of beers. :(

DocWatson said:
I didn't mean to come off as condescending. The point I was trying to make is what BassAddict said about the "quitting mindset". I smoked for 20 years. Quit several times. :roll: It finally came down to me making the decision that I just wasn't going to lightup ever again. Once I got into that "quitting mindset" I never looked back.

After 14 years I still get an occasional urge, but that's more about the hand to mouth, nervous habit of smoking and less about any nicotine addiction thing. After 14 years I'm sure the drug has long since left my system.

Doc I didn't take it as condescending at all...... I actually had quit for awhile and cold turkey at that.. and it worked very well ( until a death in the family, not to use it as an excuse, thats just what made me let myself fall back into it). I have had a hard time for the right mindset myself, telling myself constantly I needed to quit, what really was the deciding factor was my Fiance, he was recently diagnosed with a spot on his lung and early COPD HE HAD TO QUIT so to encourage him, I agreed to quit WITH him. 22 days so far and we are both doing great :) He was absolutely NOT ready to quit, these E-Cigs have helped so much! Not to mention the E-Cig has made it so much easier for especially him. I am willing to do ANYTHING to ensure his good health. It is great to hear everyone story and opinions on the subject. I Know I will be an EX smoker forever now, I've made up my mind :)

Good luck FBG.

Prayers sent for you and your fiance for the strength to stay quit and a road to good health.

FloridaBassGirl said:
DocWatson said:

Doc I didn't take it as condescending at all...... I actually had quit for awhile and cold turkey at that.. and it worked very well ( until a death in the family, not to use it as an excuse, thats just what made me let myself fall back into it). I have had a hard time for the right mindset myself, telling myself constantly I needed to quit, what really was the deciding factor was my Fiance, he was recently diagnosed with a spot on his lung and early COPD HE HAD TO QUIT so to encourage him, I agreed to quit WITH him. 22 days so far and we are both doing great :) He was absolutely NOT ready to quit, these E-Cigs have helped so much! Not to mention the E-Cig has made it so much easier for especially him. I am willing to do ANYTHING to ensure his good health. It is great to hear everyone story and opinions on the subject. I Know I will be an EX smoker forever now, I've made up my mind :)
You go Girl !!! 8)

Latest posts