Old fishing books

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lswoody

Reaction score
Don't know about everyone else here but I really like old fishing books, mainly the ones from the 70's and earlier. I love the artist work and alot of times I'll find a technique that has long been forgotten or is rarely talked about or used anymore. I have used some of these techniques in pressured water and have taken some fish with them. Reading these books is like taking a step back in time to a simpler place where everything is not rush, rush. Any of you like these old fishing book treasures too????

I agree. I love those old articles...I read last fall an old article about the "Mepps" spinner and found one in my tackle box ... I used it and had good success with it..I had almost forgotten about that lure. I have since dumped my tackle box out and searched for some of the older lures we used to use so I might go back to them....Just sharpen the hooks and fish away... fishing memories are almost always good.

Latest posts