Neighbour got robbed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
My neighbour's house got robbed Saturday night. Somebody pried open a basement window while they were asleep. The guy got away with cash, credit cards and some electronics, but everybody was pretty spooked that he had the nerve to rob them while they were asellp in the house. My kids were freaked out and afraid to go to sleep last night, fearing were were the next target.

That flat out sucks. Why are some people like that. I'm happy to read that nobody was hurt. Things can be replaced....

I too have the dog that barks. She is afraid of things that she doesn't see though...but she will stand in our bedroom doorway and growl until we wake up or she can identify the noise.

Man that sure stinks :evil: Neighbor have any children? I dont think I;d be able to sleep for a while, Keeping one eye open. Hope they get caught.

Man that sucks. Makes me think of Bowling for Columbine, where everyone in Canada didn't feel the need to lock their doors. Glad it was just a tweaker theif and not someone who wanted to hurt people.

Ictalurus said:
Man that sucks. Makes me think of Bowling for Columbine, where everyone in Canada didn't feel the need to lock their doors. Glad it was just a tweaker theif and not someone who wanted to hurt people.

Only the criminals have handguns here.

Definitely sux, and am glad no one was hurt during the intrusion. Same as others, we also have inside dogs that bark their heads off at the least little noise out of the norm, even during the day when we're home. Our house is locked even when we're at home, day or night. It's a shame it's that way, but you never know who is gonna walk-in on you these days.

Glad no one was hurt. Anyone who robs my house has signed a death warrant for themselves. I'll get to them only if the fiance doesn't first. :LOL2:

bulldog said:
Glad no one was hurt. Anyone who robs my house has signed a death warrant for themselves. I'll get to them only if the fiance doesn't first. :LOL2:
+1 2 IN THE CHEST 1 IN THE HEAD WONT NOBODY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM NO MORE :wink:

had it happen to me 4 years ago. broke in through the kitchen window while we slept. 2 junkies lived in our minivan for 2 weeks after they took it.at least i got a new truck out of it,the van was written off .

Glad everyone is OK.

Yea makes you think doesnt it.

We also have dogs, granted there only Shitzus (sp), however they bark at every noise they dont know.

IF your going to shoot, make sure you kill them. Dead men tell no lies, and they cant sue you.

That robber must of been high or something or he's real brave or just flat out stupid for trying that when someone is at home. Glad everyone is ok.

Hanr3 said:
IF your going to shoot, make sure you kill them. Dead men tell no lies, and they cant sue you.

During my conceal and carry class, the instructor repeated these directions 5 times or more - he said "if you are going to draw your weapon, draw it to shoot, and when you shoot, shoot until there is absolutely no threat left or the gun goes click." Basically saying IF you do shoot, shoot to kill for the reasons stated above. I hope I never have to but will not hesitate if it ever happens. Do not threaten my family in my own home. Just thinking about it makes my face hot.

While I was growing up we had a neighbors son who was breaking into everyone's house on the road I lived on. His method of operation was to knock on the door. If anyone answered he would ask if you have seen his lost dog. If no one answered he would break in. My father caught him breaking into our immediate neighbors house and confronted him with a shotgun. My father told him if he ever caught him on our property he would rectify the situation. The thief told my father he was not coming on our property and we were the only ones who were not broken in to. The neighborhood residents called the police numerous times about him breaking into their homes but they could not or would not arrest him for some reason. He was finally caught and went to prison for some other offense.

KMixson said:
While I was growing up we had a neighbors son who was breaking into everyone's house on the road I lived on. His method of operation was to knock on the door. If anyone answered he would ask if you have seen his lost dog. If no one answered he would break in. My father caught him breaking into our immediate neighbors house and confronted him with a shotgun. My father told him if he ever caught him on our property he would rectify the situation. The thief told my father he was not coming on our property and we were the only ones who were not broken in to. The neighborhood residents called the police numerous times about him breaking into their homes but they could not or would not arrest him for some reason. He was finally caught and went to prison for some other offense.

Nice, your Dad rocks! I caught some neighborhood kids throwing rocks at cars, they were all brave like I couln't touch them. I found the one I assumed was the leader, who said 'so what' about throwing rocks - that comment made me all the more happy. I grabbed him by the shoulders, pointed out my cars, looked him in the eye and told him if ANYTHING happened to my cars EVER, I was coming for him. He had some smartace remark about not knowing who he was. I turned and told him it would take me 10 minutes to figure it out in 'this town" and he wouldn't like what would be coming his way (PG site - use your imagination). Guess I looked scary (half awake from a nap, fuming mad, hair everywhere) you should have seen fear in his eyes. Not a thing every happened to my cars in that crappy neighborhood.

For robberies, I keep a 38 and 12 guage pump loaded in the bedroom. pray I never have to use them.

indeed we are all thankful everyone is alright... I fear that as the economy worsens the frequency of these sort of things will increase.
The issue with having a gun and confronting a burgler, as comforting as that is, if the intruder is also armed you could get hurt or killed over some monetary goods. I too would be the one standing at the end of the hall or at the stairway to dispatch the intruder. But If its hard to sleep now imagine how hard it would be if you shot someone.. I'm just sayin.