electric knife revisited

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatboat

Reaction score
with all the advances in new fangled stuff , who makes the best electric knives for red fish . i'm tired of sending or takin
knives back . i would like one that works GOOD . there has to be a good knife out there . ANY IDEAS

I asked this question not long ago (minus the redfish part) cause I'm in the market for one too, so you have to tell us what knives you've taken back and what went wrong with them.

I'm thinking that I'll get one for Father's day and if you know something that we need to avoid....now's the time to let us know.

mr twister ,not to tuff took it back . anglers choice not to tuff either it gets so hot , after 8 reds ya gotta let it cool down , beer break , my fishin bud sent his anglers choice back cause the blades wouldn't stay in . they sent it back ,said nothing was wrong with it . {wanna buy a knife... cheap } rapala , hmm wasnt to impressed with that one took it back . one from target think it was a black and decker that one was for slicin' bread or sandwitches not for critters . one just went in the trash ,after it hit the wall. i gotta admitt fish are tuff but there has to be something out there that can do the job . i'm lookin at cuisne art cek 40 now. it's kinda spendy . just wonderin' if amyone has tried it .

That's good info. The MIster Twister has received high marks I thought, but it's been a while since I did my research. Maybe I'll get a good filet knife. :D

I have a Rapala, it's not too tough but it gets the job done with the panfish. Have you thought about the indoor kitchen filet knives? I bet they make a 120 volt knive that can really zing! Most times you want to clean a big fish, you'll be near electric anyway, heck, even the piers I used to fish had electric available.

There is also a mini sawzall, but it might mess some meat up unless you sharpen blade.

FYI - if you have some bread to cut, your filet knive does an awesome job without crushing the loaf. I'm going to try it on smoked brisket sometime this summer. :D

I have that pos rapala one. It works, but not well. The blades aren't sharp and don't fit together very well. The motor gets really hot after about 5 fish.

I grew up using my grandma's electric knife from the kitchen. That thing was old, but it would cut through anything. Wish I could find one of that quality these days.

Latest posts