does any body make their own lures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acedog1234

Reaction score
alright well i just became facinated by the making of lures so i thought i might give it a try i searched the subject and watched some instrutional videos no real good info from that so i thought i might give you guys a try any info or pics of your home made lures will be great. :) :D :LOL2:

here is a lure i helped make when a preacher of my church was there i havent had a chance to use it yet but according to him they work great with jack fish and bass

Attachments

• lures 002.jpg
    lures 002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 699
  • lures 003.jpg
    lures 003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 699
I just started. I have 6-7 done so far. My dad turns them from scrap wood on his lathe. I've made fresh and saltwater lures. All floaters/top water so far. My next batch will be weighted.

So far, I'm fascinated by anyone that makes their own bait...(except BassAddict of course) :LOL2:

I really want to make some jigs and that's probably one of the easiest to make.

i just cut out a plug for a crank bait i have to sand them down to give them rounded edges i ordered a diving tounge and some small eye screw hope it works out

I make my own rods...always wanted to make crankbaits....I have a bad wood bait addiction....problem is I know myself..and I know how much money I have spent on the rod building gig....I would go WAY overboard if I tried baits.....

tackleunderground does rock....always has me wanting to spend money.

im lookin for a good but cheap air brush gun i tryed painting a lures with paint brushes and i thined some paint out but i just cant get the shine i want like the one in the pics

I'm cheap.

I buy spoons and forks from the dollar store, cut each one in half, put on one large barbless hook and a a couple of split rings on each piece. They have caught their share of trout and if lost, no biggie!

Latest posts