Looking for Flourocarbon!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begs

Reaction score
Ok guys so here is the deal, not looking to spend a ton... looking for a decent flouro for flipping and also casting will be spooling on baitcasters and spinning reels. I have been looking and reading alot about vicious, I have used vicious for ice fishing, mono only.. have never used the flouro or the copyl...

What is everyone thought on the vicious line... or any other line at that..

I've been relatively pleased with Seaguar Red Label. It isn't near as much, cost wise, as the Seaguar Invisx, but still a good quality line, in my opinion.

A lot of people on this site really like Seaguar Red Label. I will be checking it out next spool. I have been using Berkley's Vanish floro @ 17 lb and 12 lb. I have not had any issues with their line.

I tried vicious. It is no longer on my reels. Not good quality in my opinion. I used on a couple spinning outfits. After a bit it got squirrely. I'd spend the extra $.

Seaguar InvisX is all I use. I've used the Red Label in the past and also like it, but it doesn't come in bulk spools. If I were just going to try out the brand, I'd go with Red Label. All their stuff is good.

I also understand that the BPS Fluoro is good too but haven't tried it. Several years ago when I decided to switch to fluoro, I tried many different brands and Seaguar stood out as far better in my opinion.

As a side note... the key to being happy with fluorocarbon is in the knot you tie and how you tie it. I like the modified clinch, but whichever you use, wet the knot before you pull it tight. The heat generated when you clinch a dry knot it what causes most failure with fluoro.

bassboy1 said:
I've been relatively pleased with Seaguar Red Label. It isn't near as much, cost wise, as the Seaguar Invisx, but still a good quality line, in my opinion.

X2.also like bps xps fluro. I think its better but cost more. Thats why I switched to red label.

Berkley Vanish or Bass Pro for me

I got a free spool of Stren 100% flouro in a contest and I like it a lot. Not sure if it's worth the price difference for me though.

I bought some of the Bass Pro Carbon Gold Flouro during the spring classic and spooled it on my Pro Qualifier. I think it works great.

Latest posts