Camping equipment

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lswoody

Reaction score
Wondering about where to get some camping equipment at the best possible price. If you guys could give me some websites this would be helpful. Thanks!!!!!

https://www.campmor.com/

Had the best prices I found when I was buying equipment 15-20 years ago. I don't know if they still have the best prices, I haven't replaced anything yet. I have a room dedicated to camping equipment. :mrgreen:
I have gear for car camping, boat camping, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, etc.

I do need a new Coleman stove, mine's getting pretty rusty. Sat in some water in the basement.

What are you looking for, tent, lantern, sleeping bags, etc?

Thanks Will. I've been camping for over 4 decades now. Been teaching adults and youth how to camp for the past 2 decades.

Couple of tips, buy the best you can afford, cheap stuff is cheap for a reason.
I HIGHLY recommend Eureka tents unless you have the money for expedition style tents or trailer.
It's extremely easy to bring more crap then you will ever use, especially kitchen gear.
Use the 3 pot method for washing dishes, one pot hot water (or not) and soap, 2nd pot rinse water, 3rd pot sanitizer (tablets).
I prefer cast iron cookware. It's heavy, however its been in use since the settlers crossed America. Clean up is simple, scrape out the chunks, add a layer of water, and boil the water, this will dislodge all the food, hit it once with a soap free scratch pad, rinse with clean water, heat on flame to dry water, spread a layer of oil/crisco all over the cast iron (seasoning)with a paper towel and put it away. Never use soap, it will leave you with diareha. The soap settles in the cast iron pores, and intermingles with your food, leading to the hersey two step, no doubt the local two holer will only have the cardboard carcus (empty toilet paper tube). Always carry a roll of TP (toilet paper) with you when you go on a mission.
One of the best creature comforts is a dining fly, it will offer shade and protection from rain, plus provides a natural gathering spot. Skip the cheap versions and the versions with netting, fork out the $75-$100 for a portable carport (10'x20') shelter. The cheap versions 10x10 dont offer much shade or protection from the elements, plus a good stout wind will blow them over, and the screened versions get hotter then outside and the door is open so much all they do is trap the bugs inside, defeating the purpose of the screen.

Yes, I could and should write a book.

i agree with the eureka.i have the bon echo for 4 years and its awesome. also cast iron cookware.if you camp with women, get a shower enclosure with the hot water on demand,it is worth the money.check out cabelas.also a camp kitchen.we hit the bush for 4 weeks at a time and we bring every home comfort in the box of my truck.we even use a queen size airbed with the foldout aluminum frame.camping gear has come a long way , i just bought a camp oven with a stove and cooktop that runs on propane,that gets up to 400 degrees,and is smaller than a cooler.walmart has a ten by ten awning/shelter that also has the bug screen enclosure,its really sturdyh,and way cheaper than the ezee up brand.

Thanks for all of the info and the tips. I have a tent already but just looking for camping stuff in general and tent camping is what I'll be doing.

I like Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain. but since we are always losing things like coolers ( it seems as soon as I get a new cooler, it grows legs and walks off, I suspect it is my angelic two boys :roll: ) I hit yard sales and thrift stores for extras like coolers, lanterns, chairs things like that. I got 3 brand new cooler with the labels and price stickers still on them from a local thrift store for 3 bucks each!.. the sticker price was 19.98 each!!... I dont buy garbage stuff... I am choosy about what i pick up.

Latest posts