Some people think their junk is gold.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorback

Reaction score
We all come across these, and I just had to share this one.

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/2454909509.html

Depending on how bad the damage actually is and how much welding would be required, it might actually be worth fixing if he'd drop his price a few hundred. There's also an ad for an old beat up worthless trolling motor that keeps getting posted every week for $150.

I hate it when people think that because they owned it, it has incresed in value :roll: . I was toying with the idea of a project boat last fall, I drove an hour to look at an older 16.5' bass tracker, when I seen it, I could't help but laugh. It was in a field without a cover, who knows where the motor cowl was, a mouse nest was sticking out of the carb, both tires were flat, and I kid you not, the entire boat was level with empty beer cans. He asked me what I would give him for it, I told him he had about $30 in aluminum cans there and left. His ad said it was ran a year ago $900 obo.

That boat neeeds a good bit of work and $600 is really steep. I'd say $350 maybe $400. But if I were interested I'd offer $250. But even for $250, it would be to much work to bother with it.

I was thinking around 150 for the boat and trailer. I wouldn't pay more than 200, and that would only be if I could find somebody to do the welding really cheap.

Ditto, good price for here where every ad is for a 1436 or smaller boat or a big glass hull with grass growing in the carpet...

$300 for the boat
$300 for the trailer

Jamie