All wet....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linehand

Reaction score
Thursday night was the worst fishing of the year. Myself and another tin boater to remain nameless were fishing a local bass tournament. Nasty weather..thunder storms and wind enough to make the old sphincter clinch. It should have been called.
Anyway we were working the boat docks and pontoons around the shoreline and after I broke off the third plastic I was down to one pole with my favorite set up for docks. Skip, skip, wave, lawnchair. I'm going in! so I troll up to the dock and jiggle reach jiggle lean jiggle splash. I was like Jesus walking on water getting back in the boat. Whew nobody saw that not even my partner. So I'm too embarrassed to show up all wet. I've got rain gear so I look like the guy from Gordons fish sticks, better than looking wet. So after a dozen or so of 13 to 13.5 inch bass and NO keepers we decide to just head in 15 min early to beat the boat ramp rush. I know...but the weather was really bad. pouring and lightning too close for comfort.
So I ease up to the dock at the ramp to drop my partner.....man, start to drift away before he gets a foot on the dock. I yell no no as he leans for the upright...still drifting away. Splash. I couldn't help from busting up laughing as he wades to the shore.
Two wet guys and no fish...It was then Miller Time.

Actually he had his I phone and wallet in his pocket. Because of the weather I took mine out right away and stashed em under the console. Normally mine stays in my pocket. He got a replacement at no charge. Every time I think about it I still laugh to myself.

LOL Been there, done that, when I was by myself, had to swim out and get the boat as the wind was blowing it out to sea LOL, glad there was knowone around, I got to claim a rain squal and kept it a secret for years. I guess that is one thing that most guys/ gals do sooner or later if they spend much time in the boat.

Kinda like leaving the plug out when launching.... duh

Latest posts