Go Pro Camera

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
Finally got a hold of my co-workers camera and have been messing with it...this thing is freaking amazing. I love it and will buy one as soon as I save up some cash.

At 720p it will shoot a 170 degree angle and at 1080p it will shoot 127 degree angle.

Here are a few pictures I snapped...I'll put the videos up as soon as they upload to youtube.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 864
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 864
Had some trouble with youtube...and then had to leave for my wooden bat league baseball game. Managed to snap a few pictures there...

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 847
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 847
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 847
A great little camera.

My friend at work uses his to ski dive and base jump. Amazing clarity.
I've seen a few folks attach them to the front of their kayaks to video thier catches; a little pricey but really cool.

I'm using a VadoHD to video my boys on the boat or for that quick catch, but I can see an upgrade in my future...

That go pro camera seems to workout pretty good.
Im gonna have to look into one as I actually went out today and shot a few clips just using a cheap handheld recorder.
It is more cumbersome than I'd like and capturing pov footage is next to impossible...

[youtube]baLRSezJHhQ[/youtube]​

Jim that's one thing that makes the battery life so awesome on the gopro...there are no moving parts. But I agree that it would be nice to zoom.

Me and my dad went out fishing this afternoon into the evening. I got some pics of a nice 4lb+ bass he caught and a few videos. I'll post the vids once they upload.

Here are the pics...

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 797
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 797
Finally got around to upload the videos I took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4YJtXrd_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA5Ds8vnRx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlb9xFkOb5k

Baseball guy 99, if you get a chance, can you show the camera mounted to your hat and what extra parts were needed, if any were? The mic seems to be sensitive, I heard birds crickets and some locus too I think. There was hardly any camera vibration when you suction cupped the camera to your motor, good stuff! The Hero HD 960 is on the way, I'm just waiting for the brown truck :lol:

Waterboy, Ill get that info for ya tomorrow. I wont be home this evening. Best Buy sells these cameras now so I may take advantagw of the 18 months no interest.

Ok, so I think I remember everything that was needed for the hat mount.

Things needed
Old Hat
5/16" Drill Bit
Drill
2-1/4" rubber fender washers
2-1/4" washers
1-1/4"x20 thumb screw
1-Tripod mount for go pro camera

Step 1---find the old hat that you don't mind drilling a hole into the bill.

Step 2---take a 5/16" drill bit and find the center of your bill, drill a hole all the way through.

Step 3---On the bottom of the bill, take the thumb screw and put the 2 washers on, then put a rubber washer on.

Step 4---Insert the screw into the hole drilled into the bill.

Step 5---Place other rubber washer ontop of the screw after it has been inserted through the hole.

Step 6---Screw the tripod mount onto the thumb screw and tighten down.

Step 7---Mount camera and case onto tripod mount.

I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow for ya

baseball_guy_99 said:
Here are the videos, sorry I don't know how to imbed them.

I got your back 8)

Water levels look fairly low by you :mrgreen:

Ya, fortunately I don't live near a river.

The lake is a little high, maybe 6"-1'. But not near what our rivers are like.

Also if anyone is interested, gopro is have a huge giveaway right now. Visit their website at www.gopro.com and click on the red tab on the right hand of the screen. Fill out the information and you are entered.

You can find them on facebook and do a picture submission for a chance to win also.

baseball_guy_99 said:
Ya, fortunately I don't live near a river.

The lake is a little high, maybe 6"-1'. But not near what our rivers are like.

Also if anyone is interested, gopro is have a huge giveaway right now. Visit their website at https://www.gopro.com and click on the red tab on the right hand of the screen. Fill out the information and you are entered.

You can find them on facebook and do a picture submission for a chance to win also.

Lol, I was talking about you pitching the jig in the back yard. :lol:

I have been using this thing like crazy! I love it.

The suction mount is crazy. Down in Kentucky I had it suction cupped to the front of our Jet Ski...it held running 60mph across Kentucky Lake with me jumping waves. Then yesterday on my way up to see my fiance I got bored and suction cupped it to the top of my sun roof and to the side of my window running 60+mph.