Chicagoland power outage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
47 hours 51 min.
Monday morning at 7:40am we had a storm blow through with winds near 75mph. While our neighborhood didn't suffer any real damage we had to reley on the generator for 38 hours to power up 2 deep freezes full of game meat a refrigerator lights a big screen tv and a neighbors refrigerator. It wasn't to bad until the cable went out for 15 hours and no internet for 2 days.
This past spring I made a 12 gallon fuel system for the generator I thought I had it all figured out during the testing phase but it still had a couple of issues the popped up during actual use. I will put the updates on the fuel tank thread.

There where 800,000+ customers affected. ComEd thinks some will be without power until saturday. It strange not hearing all the generators running.

Yep. We had the same storm roll through SW Michigan. I put in some long hours helping get power restored. Now back to the day to day stuff. Like checking out tinboats.net. Just make sure when you hook up your generators to use a transfer switch or pull the meter. At the very least kill the main breaker. Don't want anyone backfeeding my bros.

we sent 47 two man crews out to help out with the outages 800k at the peak and the last i heard this morning there are still 300k with out power

Redbug, what company you work for? I work for a small utility and we only have 1 full time line crew who were sent out of town yesterday. We only have 4 other journeymen including myself. A meter tech, and a two man service truck. I take care of our subs. (only 7), transformer testing, and mapping. Lol. We don't even have 47 employees. I've even flagged for the water dept. :oops:

Latest posts