Hello everyone

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihil

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello, I found Tinboats as I was trying to figure out how to get some PVC guides onto my trailer, did some poking around the various forums and found a wealth of info on small aluminum boats. Tons of info on here, I've only gotten back a few pages in the sections, but it was more than enough for me to join up.

I recently took ownership of a 1955 Aerocraft "P" with 7.5 Johnson and trailer - all of it needs some TLC, but everything's floating/running so far without a hitch. Got the trailer lights fixed thanks to the electrical forum, and got the parts for the PVC bumpers too! Don't know about this summer, but hope to get the boat shined up and back to it's former self.

Thanks again, hope I can contribute to a great forum.

Chris

:WELCOME: , if you find time how bout some before and after pictures? Your new family and best friends would appreciate it.

Welcome aboard Chris.

When you get a chance, fill out your location in your profile so we know what part of the world you're from.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I'll get some pics up soon - I'm surprised at how good of condition everything is on it, I think an afternoon with some Flitz would probably get the upper half shining like new, but the lower is going to need some work. Some time someone put some kind of aqua colored paint on it (presumably to keep damage from salt water as it's got a FL harbor sticker on it), so that needs to come off eventually. The original sticker is still on it but faded to the point that it's barely visible. Went through the paperwork that came with it and found the original sales receipt from Maine back in 1955. I paid 50$ less than the original owner for it, and I got a trailer and motor. :mrgreen:

Old gal has seen a LOT of mods, most of them are still in it so more than a few new bolts and hardware in her.

She does just fine for me - get's me on the water and where the fish are - sometimes even on the big lake (Winnebago) if the winds aren't too bad.

C

Latest posts