Anyone else getting Internet Explorer errors on the forum?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmf

Reaction score
The past couple of weeks I get errors when clicking on topics etc., sometimes it recovers the page sometimes not, this is the only site that is doing it on my computer. Just wandering is someone else experiencing the same???????? :(

Might want to consider ditching internet exploder. Chrome and Firefox are great browsers free and easy to download and install. Probably fix all your problems ;)

I moved this to teh Watering Hole - best place to post non-boat or fishing related stuff

And, again, it is Popeye and FishingCop at work - they are the duo of do bad

mmf said:
The past couple of weeks I get errors when clicking on topics etc., sometimes it recovers the page sometimes not, this is the only site that is doing it on my computer. Just wandering is someone else experiencing the same???????? :(

I have the same issue when looking at this site on my work computer, but not my home computer. Both are running Internet Explorer.

If this was a server/site issue it would be happening to everyone. Since it is happening only to a few people, lets see if we can figure out a pattern.

Whoever is using IE and is having issues, please post your operating system, Internet Explorer version, and Service pack level.

Hopefully we get a pattern, and i hope the solution is just some dumb IE setting.

Whoever is using IE and is having issues, please post your operating system, Internet Explorer version, and Service pack level.

I have Windows XP with SP3 home edition version 2002 with all updates.

I believe it's an OP system problem also :roll:

I have a couple ideas.Will let know if any pan out. [-o<

Captain Ahab said:
I moved this to teh Watering Hole - best place to post non-boat or fishing related stuff

And, again, it is Popeye and FishingCop at work - they are the duo of do bad

Humm, I haven't done anything???:) have you Popeye?????? Just the Capt bad mouthing us upstanding TinBoats members.... I see in trivia that you are making a run at taking over Capt Ahab's rein???? https://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=62312

I'm behind you - us Illinois guys need to stick together. Hey, if I win the TinBoats spinner contest, I'll donate it to you since you wussed out - oops, I mean couldn't make the Dale Hollow trip..... :) :)

Member mmf fixed his issue with IE8.......
finally got the error messages to quit by choosing "compatability view" on
IE8!

Everyone with IE8 that is having issues please try that.

I think I have found the answer. I am running IE8 and I changed the "view" to "compatability view" in the "tools" heading on IE8 and my problems went away so far. I have been clicking on everything and can't get it to error out so far! I hope that was it!

Windows 3.11 and IE5 working fine here.

Nothing getting ruffled except Ahab

Wussed out? Remember, I had paid reservations for a cabin. And I don't plop down money unless I'm gonna get something out of it. Really wanted to get down there.

Jim said:
Member mmf fixed his issue with IE8.......
finally got the error messages to quit by choosing "compatability view" on
IE8!

Everyone with IE8 that is having issues please try that.

Worked for me!

Latest posts