WOW.... words I never thought I would utter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaBassGirl

Reaction score
I, in all my years, never thought for one second I would actually ever say this........ But, it is too darn HOT to fish! We are looking at dawn in the 80's, over night the 80's, and HUMID (heat index in the 90's)! The daylight hours heat index in the 100's! is anyone else feeling this way lately? :roll:

Upper 50's here and raining like heck. But the fish are biting :lol:

It gets like that here in Minnesota a lot with humidity during the summer. Sometimes it ends up being my favorite time to fish: if it gets too hot, just jump into the lake! On a side note, on hot days like this, I have a few lakes I like to hit that are basically shaped like a bowl with no deep water and little structure: the heat almost always pushes the bass into the pads and under docks, which makes for a spectacular day of fishing topwater frogs or flipping in the pads.

i cant believe you guys are crying about heat. its been raining and crappy up here since june :( . i would gladly trade. i still haven't got my first sunburn yet,and summers half over.

I do not think it could be ever to hot to fish. Water temps are cooler then air temps by quite a bit here. If have any breeze it would be cooler on water then land.

It's been brutal here. Today is the first day of a cold spell that will last a couple days. Today's high will be around 77. Thursday will be 96. #-o

Had a high of 81 yesterday in the mid atlantic, unreal weather. Water warmer than the air, full moon too so the fish were going nuts. Went through a quart of chicken liver last night in two hours on four rods, ended up with nine 18"+ channel cats and a few that got away.

Jamie

102F now, 105F the high :shock: ....but it is a dry heat here in the AZ desert. (These are pretty nice temps too, it's the 110+ that really get's ya :twisted: ).

And my favorite fishing spot...weather.com says a high of 81F. That's why I drive 2.5 hours into the mountains to fish come summer time. :wink:

FloridaBassGirl said:
I, in all my years, never thought for one second I would actually ever say this........ But, it is too darn HOT to fish! We are looking at dawn in the 80's, over night the 80's, and HUMID (heat index in the 90's)! The daylight hours heat index in the 100's! is anyone else feeling this way lately? :roll:

Meh, that's everyday in the summer in South Louisiana. Thank god we have afternoon thunderstorms to cool us off. :mrgreen:

Meh, that's everyday in the summer in South Louisiana. Thank god we have afternoon thunderstorms to cool us off. :mrgreen:

.....and to raise the humidity. Same here in St. Louis...but we don't get the rain every day. I still like the heat...but it does make it harder to find the fish when the water temps are in the 90s!

We're experiencing a pretty good heat wave here. They're predicting a high of 48 Celsius (that's 118.4 degrees fahrenheit) for this Thursday! Hope we don't get any power outages with all the air conditioners running full blast.

Can't imagine how hot you girls and boys in the South will be.

Yep, it gets hot here in Memphis. I typically fish less in July/August and take the family out to the lake to swim and cruise, not so bad when moving around 20 MPH. I start fishing hard again in September and go all the way until next July :lol:

I was in a small bass tourney last weekend and water temp was 91 on Sunday about noon. I was wondering if I had taken some bread, salt & pepper and a little tarter sauce if I couldn't have made a sandwich from the few fish we caught as they would almost already be poached.
Temps here are to rise this week to be a consistant 100 deg... Yep. To hot to fish... guess I could go clean up a tackle box.

Latest posts