Red neck fishing tournement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonman

Reaction score
hey guys, im sure some of you have heard about this. I am comptemplating renting my boat out and piloting for these fishing tournements. here is the official link https://www.redneckfishingtournament.net/ the unoffical fan site is https://www.redneckfishingtournament.com/ they have videos of the tournement. Let me know what you think.

The people puting this tournemant on are in need of boats. I am calling tomorrow to see how many boats and how much can be made by renting a boat out for the tourny. If the money is good i will pilot for the teams. If anyone is intrested in this please post. I will update tomorrow after I call. There are 4 heats at 2 hours per heat, 2 heats per day.

We have these every monday and friday night in bama. Except we have real rednecks and we have our own boats, and most of us prefer to hook the fish before netting. Maybe I should start charging the boatless rednecks (dressed up like successful white collar businessmen, for comedic purposes) to fish with me......nevermind, bad idea.

jk, sounds fun man. go for it

Yeah, I don't want that slop in my boat, but to each their own. Sitting on the front of the boat, both hands on a net, no life vest on... that looks like a major accident waiting to happen. Just being the :twisted: here.

wasilvers said:
Yeah, I don't want that slop in my boat, but to each their own. Sitting on the front of the boat, both hands on a net, no life vest on... that looks like a major accident waiting to happen. Just being the :twisted: here.

I agree with you about the accident waiting to happen, but as the boat owner i will require PFD. I also agree with you about the slop, but I kinda see $$$$ in my eyes, I want a new prop and a fish finder. I will see what kind of money we are talking about today. If it is low end i might not do it.

Alright after long consideration and talking with a few people, I will not be putting my boat in for this event. There is no control over who will be on my boat or what condition they will be in. Last thing I need is to have someone fall out and get runover or get a ticket from the DNR for someone elses stupidity. Thanks for all you input, I appreciate it.

This thing is going on this weekend, we are attending the festivities, they have bands and food. They have a raffel for a 16' jon boat!!

Bath is my wifes home town or (village) and I grew up 15 miles down the river. It's a bunch of good ol bays and gals havin a good time and there are many beers involved. Honestly, everyone from peoria to beardstown that has any desire to participate already has their own boat or family that does. The demand for a "rentaboat" is low and anyone that will rent will frick up ur stuff!

nathanielrthomas said:
We have these every monday and friday night in bama. Except we have real rednecks and we have our own boats, and most of us prefer to hook the fish before netting. Maybe I should start charging the boatless rednecks (dressed up like successful white collar businessmen, for comedic purposes) to fish with me......nevermind, bad idea.

jk, sounds fun man. go for it

I don't think it's an area specific term?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

We skipped the tourney and went bank fishing at the sanganois state wildlife area just north of Chandlerville. We caught 7 nice bull head and channels, lots of bluegill and a couple fish i could not identify. there were scaled, big, bottom feeders, no barbels, had teeth,(not gar)and a blueish tint to the eyes and fins and mouth. anyway we had a blast catching what we caught and that is the most important part.

Latest posts