Hopefully it works

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that might be a good idea. I have never eaten an asian carp but i hear they taste ok. Love to get them slimy guys out of the river.

You dont want to eat any bottom feeding fish out of New Jersey waters. You might lite up :mrgreen:

We caught or in my case snagged a couple of carp in the Eastern Sierras last week. The store owner at the dock said to just leave them in the bushes for the critters to eat. :lol:

We often see large rotting carp on the shores of our local lakes too.

They sure do, when I was a kid we use to burry ALL our fish carcuses in the vege garden.

I THINK MAKING THEM AN EXPORT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA, WE COULD MAKE SOME MONEY, AND GET RID OF THEM IN THE PROCESS, THE COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN HAVE NEARLY KILLED THE PERCH ON LAKE ERIE WHY NOT HAVE THEM GO AFTER THE CARP

I have a buddy that smoked an asian carp next to a regular carp.

I liked the asian carp better seemed like the bones were bigger so it made it easier to eat and it tasted fine. (when smoked you have to pick out the bones for those that don't know)

I'm so glad someone is working to get rid of these. It will take a lot more people to really get a good handle on them though. Not sure we'll ever be able to get rid of them completely. They're just too dang prolific.

There's is a market for them in China. I don't know why someone doesn't start fishing them commercially and shipping them overseas.

BaitCaster said:
There's is a market for them in China. I don't know why someone doesn't start fishing them commercially and shipping them overseas.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, THERE WILL NOT BE A MARKET FOR THEM IN THE STATES AS LONG AS THEY CALL THEM CARP, PEOPLE JUST THINK OF IT AS A JUNK FISH NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT CAN TASTE, IM NOT SO SURE ID EVEN TRY IT, BUT TO EACH HIS OWN.

I foul hooked one of these last fall. It was just over 4 lb. The slime, blood, and mess it left on my carpet is not easily forgotten and it's a mess I don't want again. I can't imagine having a bunch of these in my boat.

BOB350RX said:
BaitCaster said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, THERE WILL NOT BE A MARKET FOR THEM IN THE STATES AS LONG AS THEY CALL THEM CARP, PEOPLE JUST THINK OF IT AS A JUNK FISH NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT CAN TASTE, IM NOT SO SURE ID EVEN TRY IT, BUT TO EACH HIS OWN.

I watched an interview last year where an expensive restaurant in chicago had asian carp on the menu and it didn't go over very well. The chef changed the name to shanghai bass (it was a fish patty) and it started selling.

That article said they already they sell some to China,something like 30 million pounds.
Hard to beleive 150 tons been caught already this year.
It would be nice if a someone could make some money of them,seeing as there are costing us so much.