Any one tired of tour de france yet?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BONZAI

Reaction score
I don't know about ya'll, but guys in tights on bikes has taken over my fishing channel.

Just a tad fed up with it.

No more am coffee before dawn and watching Roland Martin.

No more lunch time fish tacos while watching Bass to Billfish.

No more late night drinks with Mike "Ike" in the city limits.

WHAT GIVES???

I used to ride a lot but I hate it on tv. Put it on Espn ocho with dodge ball.

I had a friend build a bike from pieces. I think he was up to $8000 when he was all said and done. It was all Titanium and stuff.

Yes, you read that correctly. #-o #-o #-o

Jim said:
I had a friend build a bike from pieces. I think he was up to $8000 when he was all said and done. It was all Titanium and stuff.

Hmmm sounds like you could build a nice TinBoat for that much - and catch fish

of course, titanium bikes make great structure :LOL2:

Waterwings said:
I haven't paid attention to the current race. Used to briefly check on the status of them when Lance Armstrong was a participant, just to see how bad he was pissing-off the French. :)

For me, that would be reason enough to watch it.

Captain Ahab said:
Jim said:

Hmmm sounds like you could build a nice TinBoat for that much - and catch fish

of course, titanium bikes make great structure :LOL2:

Good point. They don't fall apart like old Christmas trees and they don't rust like aircraft carriers and the other stuff they use in the ocean.

I am lucky that way...I get WFN (World Fishing Network) then there is the Outdoor channel when something stupid like Mariko Izumi comes on WFN ( I refuse to watch her fluff show). On my cable the Tour de France comes on VS channel which is my backup, backup fishing channel.

BassGeek54 said:
I am lucky that way...I get WFN (World Fishing Network) then there is the Outdoor channel when something stupid like Mariko Izumi comes on WFN ( I refuse to watch her fluff show). On my cable the Tour de France comes on VS channel which is my backup, backup fishing channel.

I have WFN too

JonBoatfever said:
BassGeek54 said:

I have WFN too

I guess I'm too cheap.

I got tired of paying for commercials on cable so I had it shut off and went to an antenna for free network.
Of course when the trees leafed out it blocked my signal but it coincided with the end of the season so all is well till the fall! lol

I ride my bicycle approx 100 miles a week for exercise, so it's fair to say that I enjoy cycling, but I don't think I can watch it on TV for more than about 5 minutes. I'm thankful that I've been building up my DVR collection to get me through the TDF. The good news is that it's almost over.

As Jim pointed out, you just wouldn't believe how much a nice road bike costs. I'm saving my pennies now to be able to buy a mid-grade bike next spring and it's going to set me back about 3k. The good ones are 8-10k and beyond... and you still have the pedal the dang things. Crazy I tell ya.

BONZAI said:
THE BIKEMARE IS OVER!!!

Fishing and hunting is back. =D>

Hope you're right. I've been complaining about bikes for what....5 or 6 weeks now?

Just last night I was saying.......Oh never mind. You've probably said the same thing. :wink:

Latest posts