Is it just my wife?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S10ssguy

Reaction score
So I bought us a 14' lonestar, then found a trailer. Both need fixing. Now that I am ready to get these projects going, she wants to nag about me trying to fix the boat. Is anyone elses spouse known to do the same? Super frustrating

My wife dont mind the fixing it the money spending that gets her lol. Wish you well man hope it all works out.

Eh, all is well. I'm just ready to get this bad boy on the water so we can kiss off bank fishing. Lol

My wife does not have a clue what I spend. She asks once in awhile, then says "Never mind I do not want to know it would just make me mad." As long as I bring enough home to pay the bills & she can get what she wants she does not care. :D :D
Every time I get paid I deposit some into a fishing/hunting fund & rest into family account.

I refuse to take my gf out on dates majority of the time. Waste of money at restaurants.

I just got my 5th Quantum Smoke in the mail today... pushing a grand this summer in new reels alone. God knows what the total is with boating stuff, rods, and tackle.

Glad I took this summer off from tournament fishing, or I'd really be in trouble.

dyeguy1212 said:
I refuse to take my gf out on dates majority of the time. Waste of money at restaurants.

Ha, my GF takes me out to dinner and loves to go out boating/fishing too! When we first met, she asked me if I would be offended because her income was more than mine. I honestly said, no.

nomowork said:
dyeguy1212 said:

Ha, my GF takes me out to dinner and loves to go out boating/fishing too! When we first met, she asked me if I would be offended because her income was more than mine. I honestly said, no.
Thats when I would have said "sign me up!" lol

Lol mine knows I hate being inside so she don't mind a bit. You gotta be carefull not to tell them the full amount you spend
[-X [-X

She gets upset cause on my down time I have from work, I'm usually looking for stuff for the boat on craigslist or something. She doesn't really care about the $$. Lol

My wife wasn't too happy about this spring when I was working on it but now that it's done and she's been out crabbing a few times she's changed her mind and decided it was money well spent.

well my wife was upset when i bought my first boat because i only got the 19 ft triton instead of the 21ft i have now
I break a rod she tells me to replace it i find a new hot bait she tells me to buy 10 of them..
I have no idea what you guys are talkin about

:lol:
redbug said:
well my wife was upset when i bought my first boat because i only got the 19 ft triton instead of the 21ft i have now
I break a rod she tells me to replace it i find a new hot bait she tells me to buy 10 of them..

I have to question whether you're really married or not :lol:

Getting money out of my wife for fishing is like squezzing a dried up tomato. Everytime she gets something, like her nails done, I get something of equal value, like lures.

A month ago I bought her a nused car (2010 HHR), told her Im getting a boat this fall winter. She doesn't think I am, but I am. I only need to remind her of the nused car. Granted the boat wont cost as much as the car, but she doesnt know that YET! I'll start out at 3 times what I want to spend, and when I tell her it is a third of the cost, I get the All Clear. Works everytime.

Compared to the drinking I don't do, the gambling I don't do, the smoking I don't do, the boat is cheap entertainment.

Jamie

TNtroller said:
:lol:
redbug said:

I have to question whether you're really married or not :lol:

2x

After reading this I'm glad to find out that most of us are in the same boat. :wink:

My wife announced to me that she wants a Kindal Notebook, or one of those things. Cost $120.

My response, not until I get my St. Croix rod that I have been wanting for the past year.

Deal!!!!

Gotta know how to work the system baby. :mrgreen:

this was a christmas gift from my wife

nuff said

Attachments

• fullviewtriton.jpg
    fullviewtriton.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 348

Latest posts