Need a name!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbeigealot

Reaction score
My son has had a pitbull for a few years, and he knew that I always wanted my own pit, so he brought me one the other night. I haven't named him yet, any suggestions?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=251873811491145&set=a.105971712748023.11534.100000055852532&type=1&ref=nf

linehand said:
You should name it lawsuit.

My son lives at home with his pitbull...He's one of the nicest dogs we've ever had.
They are very loving and friendly dogs, its all in how they are raised.

sirbeigealot said:
linehand said:

My son lives at home with his pitbull...He's one of the nicest dogs we've ever had.

I have one, it is one of the best dogs I know of. I wouldn't trade her anything.

baseball_guy_99 said:
Hmm...

Brutus
Bruno
Braun
Kane
Mack
Toad
Zeus

Those are all good ones...I'm waiting for one to make me go, "Thats it" but I dont think its gonna happen. My sons dog's name is Tank...I didnt like that either, but now it fits him like a glove!
My wife and son like "Thor"

sirbeigealot said:
linehand said:

I'm sure it's a fine dog. I guy who used to work in our engineering dept. had a "great" pit bull. Anyway one day a nice young girl who had met the dog many times and was heading to his house walked through the back yard and now she doesn't have a face, or much of one left. No matter how you raise them it is still a pit bull.
here is a link to the story.
https://articles.wsbt.com/2011-03-16/pit-bull_28700535

Usually it's dumbass....

Thor is good.

My first lab is named Hunter, no big deal until the new guy down the street stopped up and asked why we kept calling his name...

Ranchero50 said:
Usually it's dumbass....

Thor is good.

My first lab is named Hunter, no big deal until the new guy down the street stopped up and asked why we kept calling his name...

Haha...I always have a hard time naming dogs. Somehow we settled on Thor.

Not to be a party pooper, but check your home insurance policy. Some insurance companies frown on that breed of dog. Some may even cancel your policy if they find out.

Down Thor. :lol:

We went to a dog pound here in the San Gabriel Valley and they had two rows of kennels just for pit bulls. It was really sad and scary. My GF wouldn't even walk on the ramp next to the cages.

nomowork said:
Not to be a party pooper, but check your home insurance policy. Some insurance companies frown on that breed of dog. Some may even cancel your policy if they find out.

Down Thor. :lol:

We went to a dog pound here in the San Gabriel Valley and they had two rows of kennels just for pit bulls. It was really sad and scary. My GF wouldn't even walk on the ramp next to the cages.

I never thought I would own a pitbull until we gave in and got my son a pitbull puppy that he always wanted. We've had him here with us now for two years. After having a pitbull, I can only say that they have become my favorite breed. They are intelligent, inquisitive, always clowning around, they are fun to just watch...they do funny things. They are very strong and agile, amazing athletes. Everyone who meets him likes him.
He's good natured with everyone, good with kids, strangers and babies.
I used to be afraid of them, until I owned one. It seems that is the case so often.

Regarding the insurance, they do not know what dogs I have. I realize that they frown on certain breeds.

:LOL2:

"Lawsuit" was the first thing that popped in my head too.

I'm a dog lover myself, but the reality is..... it's breed is probably in more courtrooms than any other.

I too an am a dog lover. WE have always had a dog.

Every breed has its pluses and minuses. Unfortunately the negative with the PitBull breed is the propensity to kill. They may not mean to do it, however when they do finally attack, their nature is to clamp down and never let go. Sure you can train any dog to be mean. When I was growing up the feared dog was Dobbermen Pinchers. Today you don't hear about them, and rarely see them.

If your after a great family dog, Labs are hard to beat. They are very loving, friendly, athletic, etc. My personal favorite was our Austrialian Sheppard. Smartest dog I ever meet. I took him every where, and I mean everywhere. One time while coaching my sons little league team, my youngest son and a couple of his buddies went off to play. One of the parents commented to teh wife, hey look, your dog is hearding the kids back to us. Sure enough, the dog was slowely working the boys back to the parents. The kids had no clue tehy were being worked, however it was great to see.

Point beining, there are plenty of intellegent, family friendly dogs available. If you want the Pit, go for it, you may never have problems. However if you do, I pray its not fatal.

Currently we have two Shih-tzus, wifes choice. I want an English Bulldog next.

Thor is good. will probably be Thoooororrrrrr in time to come. I had a dog once and due to his coloration his name was Patches. Friend has a dog named Popcorn, and yet a friend of mine that lives in the country has a dog named Son-of-Bi--h, because it is a male dog from a female. I thought it was kinda cleaver until the dog wouldn't come one time and I really got tired of him calling the dogs name.

Latest posts