...and the bad.

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
FishingBuds

...and the bad.

Post by FishingBuds » 22 Sep 2011, 10:11

Hanr3 wrote:Dish, AT&T internet, and US Cellular.

I never have any trouble.

I've had dish since 1996 , no issues unless a heavy down pour.

att wirless the last 5 years and now att smartphone net service, so far like this :D
2TIM 4:7 I Have Fought the Good Fight, I Have Finished the Race, I Have Kept the Faith.

My "1973" 1436 custom jon link!

Xtremeboats
nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 26 Sep 2011, 21:43

Yup, service down again.

Yup, straightened cable connector at hand hole and service came back up. Gardeners worked on landscaping today.

Time Warner supervisor said yes, a ticket was opened after my call on Sept. 20 but it takes 7-10 days to resolve THESE KINDS OF MAINTENANCE ISSUES. :x :twisted: :roll: #-o [-X :---) [-o<

Stay tuned for the next installment on Thursday morning between the hours of 8a.m.to 10 a.m. [-o< I gave up holding my breath.

Edit: I forgot, I have to be home to show them where THEIR cable connections are! :lol:
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

Hanr3

...and the bad.

Post by Hanr3 » 26 Sep 2011, 23:30

Hope you dont mind, but Im going to rub a little salt in teh wound. :mrgreen:

I called Dish last week Monday night about pixilation issues that showed up only on local HD channels. They could have someone out on Wednesday, however Saturday worked better for me. Tuesday morning I had an email confirming my 8-12am appointment, which included instructions if I needed to reschedule. 9:30am I get a call from the technician, said he would be here in 15 minutes. 10 minutes later he showed up. Hour later he left with my old DVR box and left a brand new one in its place. He took the time to set up my Dish remotes to work on the living room and bedroom tv's, and control my surround sound. I also spoke with someone who not only speaks English, but also understands English. =D>

Thw wife and I got tired of Cables crap about 7 years ago. Been Dish subscribers ever since. I wish you the best.

One last thing, its been raining all day, hard at times, never lost signal. =D>
HOI Crappie Club
Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

'97 16' Sylvan Back Troller Select
'67 14' Alumacraft
'57 Model FD11 18-hp Johnson Seahorse
'09 Traverse FWD V6 w/ towing package, power sun and moon roof, and ton of other options. The only one I wanted was the towing package. :mrgreen:

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 26 Sep 2011, 23:39

Hanr3 wrote:Hope you dont mind, but Im going to rub a little salt in teh wound. :mrgreen:

I also spoke with someone who not only speaks English, but also understands English. =D>

Thw wife and I got tired of Cables crap about 7 years ago. Been Dish subscribers ever since. I wish you the best.

One last thing, its been raining all day, hard at times, never lost signal. =D>
I only use TW for internet as I hardly watch any television anyway.

The supervisor I spoke to tonight only goes by one name. I think it's his first name, but I could be wrong. :roll:

If they don't fix it this time, I may just go out and get a fake boulder, remove that pesky hand hole cover and cover it up along with some vegetation around it. That would make it interesting. :lol:
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 29 Sep 2011, 23:17

At least they showed up pretty early, around 0820. It was the same tech who's been here a couple of times before and still says the same thing, yup, the hand hole is too small for all those cables. I think I've heard that about three to four times now. I came home later this evening, and still no new box. Great service!
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

Hanr3

...and the bad.

Post by Hanr3 » 29 Sep 2011, 23:30

Bummer.

Sounds like they have identified the problem, so whats the solution? What are tehy going to do to fix the problem?
I'd be looking for some compensation, they expect to be paid, and in return you expect service. No service, no payment.
HOI Crappie Club
Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

'67 14' Alumacraft
'09 Traverse FWD V6 w/ towing package, power sun and moon roof, and ton of other options. The only one I wanted was the towing package. :mrgreen:

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 29 Sep 2011, 23:36

Hanr3 wrote:Bummer.

Sounds like they have identified the problem, so whats the solution? What are tehy going to do to fix the problem?
I'd be looking for some compensation, they expect to be paid, and in return you expect service. No service, no payment.
They've known what the problem is for a long time now. Getting someone at Time Warner who actually gives a poop is another matter. Actually, the clerk that took my report on the phone gave me two weeks credit on my bill which I didn't ask for. Maybe the charm was turned on, but I doubt it. I really had to control my anger before all my military lingo came out!
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 03 Oct 2011, 21:40

A TW contractor came out last Friday to finally replace the box. He came out with the same size box, :shock: , so I informed him of what was going on so he replaced like for like but did raise the height of the box ever so slightly. Its been four days and service seems to work alright, but it's still early in the game, the gardeners haven't been back yet. :roll:
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

Hanr3

...and the bad.

Post by Hanr3 » 03 Oct 2011, 22:01

Good luck!

Just in case.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/

:mrgreen:
HOI Crappie Club

'67 14' Alumacraft

Popeye

...and the bad.

Post by Popeye » 04 Oct 2011, 00:50

I would be whupping up on some gardeners too. Sounds like they are a big part of your problem as well as the box design

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.
All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 12 Oct 2011, 21:16

I guess I should've known better. The "new" fix lasted for a whole twelve days! The TW tech is outside replacing the whole coax connector as it was flooded by the sprinklers! The "new" hand hole box is at the same level as the old one was which means the connectors are below ground level. The tech out there as I type (thank goodness for analog) said that he had requested an above ground pedestal many times himself but I guess it falls on deaf ears.

To rub salt into the wound, I received my TW bill in the mail today! :x
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

Hanr3

...and the bad.

Post by Hanr3 » 12 Oct 2011, 21:36

Hanr3 wrote:Good luck!

Just in case.

#-o
HOI Crappie Club

'67 14' Alumacraft

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 12 Oct 2011, 21:52

Hanr3 wrote:
Hanr3 wrote:Good luck!

Just in case.

#-o
Thank you for your support. :lol:
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

nomowork

...and the bad.

Post by nomowork » 14 Oct 2011, 21:17

TW sent me an email the other day to ask about my recent service issues. Yup, it was a scathing response on my part, but guess what, there's a brand new above ground pedestal installed today!

Maybe a couple of supervisors at TW were worried about their careers there. At least the problem is fixed...............I hope. :roll:
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED

Hanr3

...and the bad.

Post by Hanr3 » 15 Oct 2011, 08:36

nomowork wrote:TW sent me an email the other day to ask about my recent service issues. Yup, it was a scathing response on my part, but guess what, there's a brand new above ground pedestal installed today!

Maybe a couple of supervisors at TW were worried about their careers there. At least the problem is fixed...............I hope. :roll:
I hope so.
=D>

Maybe one of them supervisors has a tinboat and saw this thread? :mrgreen:
HOI Crappie Club

'67 14' Alumacraft