I think I'm showing my age...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At age 52 I confess that I still listen to hard rock, but that is really good music that I would listen to.

Okay, ya got my heart here (If you play TinBoats Trivia your know I'm an old R&R buff).

The Sandells had a song called School's Out in about 1963-4. The tried to sound like the Ventures (the most famous instrumental rock group of the time). They were not very popular and didn't have any great hits. I like the sound of that particular song, but the Ventures had them way out done :) :)

BTW, I am really good at old rock & Roll trivia?? Mostly like 1956-1963, pre Beatles, but pretty good up to about 1966 or so :)

Thanks for sharing nomowork :)

Go here to play TinBoats daily trivia: https://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=62312

sirbeigealot said:
At age 52 I confess that I still listen to hard rock, but that is really good music that I would listen to.
Gotcha by 10 years and that's still my music. 8) The Acid Rock is kinda tough to take these days (don't have the same mindset :shock: these days I guess :roll: ), but give me some 60's or early 70's rock and then leave me be for a day or two.

DocWatson said:
sirbeigealot said:
Gotcha by 10 years and that's still my music. 8) The Acid Rock is kinda tough to take these days (don't have the same mindset :shock: these days I guess :roll: ), but give me some 60's or early 70's rock and then leave me be for a day or two.

I never liked hard rock/acid rock, etc. I'm a pre-70's lover :)

You should get on TinBoats trivia, a multitude of topics, changes every week, and the best part, "Old Rock & Roll" every Saturday :) Of course, some will say that's the worst part :) :)

https://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=62312

Well I am 55 and I have always liked all kind of music except Disco and Opera but I have to say my favorite is still Metal...Metallica, Mega Death, Pantara. I love that stuff...must be the drummer in me.

I'm 62 and my son is 33. He grew up listening to my surf music. He started playing the guitar at age 14 with private lessons. The teacher started him out on surf guitar licks which then proceeded to heavy metal (Metallica and the like) then on the Joe Satriani stuff. He also learned Steve Vai songs too. He then played in the high school jazz band then eventually lead guitar in a local heavy metal group.

I never played my guitar with him as he was wayyyyyyyyyy better than I could ever be.

I like Metallica and Megadeth and all of the classic rock, but my all time favorite band is Jethro Tull!

Latest posts