suggestions for fishing/boating lake in wisconsin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoamskilet

Reaction score
I'm in the process of planning a weeks vacation next summer with my wife, kid, parents, sister, brother in law, and their kid (kids will be 2 and 4). We're looking for a lake that we can do some good fishing in the morning/evening and ski/tube/swim during the day. I'm not looking for a lake that's so big and deep that the only way to fish is to troll, but we also don't want it to be so small that it feels like we're boating in a bathtub. Any kind of sandy beaches and restaurants on the lake is a plus. Any suggestions? We're from northern illinois and would like to keep the drive within about 4 hours, no more than 5. Thanks.

I'd say check out Nagawicka, Okauchee, or some in that area. Nagawicka has a nice restaurant called Seven Seas. I think there are some on-lake places like that in Okauchee as well. Lac La Belle has a beach and boat ramp in downtown Oconomowoc. I don't know much else. PM wasilvers. He lives up there and might tell you the best place. He helped me out when I was visiting my in-laws up there. Unfortunately for me, they have stopped renting the place there. Here's a good site with fishing reports if you are looking at that area. https://www.muskymikesbaitshop.com/

There is camping (you didn't mention where you would be spending the nights) on the Madison Chain and we just had a tinboats outing on Lake Waubesa.

I would go to the Mississippi river at LaCrosse Wi. many species to fish for. you can ski or tube on the main river. fish the backwaters and have them to yourself. 4 1/2 hrs. from suburb near O'Hare airport. you can pick from resorts, hotels, or camp around Goose Island.

Latest posts