Red-Tail Catfish = Broken Rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BassGeek54 said:
That was a really big catfish. So cool that they put him back in. :D

Yeah, I've always found catfish to be kind of gross, so never targeted them (although, have caught a few unintentionally). However, I am starting to warm up to the idea of fishing for them as they (channel cats) are abundant in the river near my place.

Wow!

We were fishing for trout once with real light gear on our first boat. My GF hooked onto something that was peeling the line so I tried to raise anchor and follow it but the line snapped. We suspect it was a good size catfish.

Catfish is about all I ever fish for. They put up a good fight and it is alot easier than Bass fishing. Just set up your rod and kick back and wait lol. Just give it a try sometime, you would be suprized how relaxing it is.

Dragonman said:
Just set up your rod and kick back and wait lol. Just give it a try sometime, you would be suprized how relaxing it is.

Agreed! Although Bass fishing is my favorite, we live on a lake that has big cats. My best friend and his wife come over, my wife and I fire up the grill, put the beers on ice, walk 30ft out the front door and fish for cats all night long.

SVOMike86 said:
Dragonman said:
Just set up your rod and kick back and wait lol. Just give it a try sometime, you would be suprized how relaxing it is.

Agreed! Although Bass fishing is my favorite, we live on a lake that has big cats. My best friend and his wife come over, my wife and I fire up the grill, put the beers on ice, walk 30ft out the front door and fish for cats all night long.

That is my kind of fishing. Set out the rods and relax until the bait clicker starts screaming, then the adrenalin starts flowing. Love it.