ever been fish hunting???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonman

Reaction score
MY buddy, "DD" lives where this happens. I have never heard of such. I thought I would share this unique way to fish.
https://www.fuzilogik.com/Sports-Articles/Sports-Articles/They-Shoot-Fish-Don-t-They.html

I did when I was a kid.

No one told us about the bullets would ricochet off water....... :shock: :shock:
I have scars on my leg from a complete pass thru from a 22 bullet that come back at me. Cut my achilles tendon. I had to go thru surgery to get it repaired. The therapy getting it stretched back out was more painful then getting shot.

GO VIRGINIA!!!! Woot Woot! Actually, that sounds ridiculous. However, when we were kids in Alabama we used to shoot frogs with a .22 because it was easier than gigging with a spear... Laziness at its best.

Hello everyone! Im the redneck buddy "DD" that Dragonman was referring to. :)

Back when I was dating my wife, I went fishing with her dad and noticed all of these tree stands in the trees that were overhanging the river. Confused about the odd locations for "deer stands" I asked him if there were really that many deer in the area, he laughed and said "no those are for shooting fish". Now I had lived in the next county over all my life and had never heard of such craziness, but for two weeks out of the year that section of the Clinch River becomes a warzone. :LOL2:

Wallijig said:
I did when I was a kid.

No one told us about the bullets would ricochet off water....... :shock: :shock:
I have scars on my leg from a complete pass thru from a 22 bullet that come back at me.

Thats why they use high powered rifles. My wife's uncle uses a 7mm Magnum, :shock: but most use 30.06 or other suitable deer (fish) rifle. They dont actually shoot the fish they just shoot near them and the shockwave kills em.