Any railroad guys here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouran01

Reaction score
After bout 12 years of the fantastic life of bein a Soldier I'm fixin to be a civilian again. Planning on railroad job and just wonderin if any ya'll have any experience in this sector? The good companies, jobs, etc etc?

I worked as a contractor for CSX railroad back in 2000-2001, loved it. Didn't pay awesome by todays standards, but for a 19 year old, I was living the life. One of my buddies is an Engineer for Norfolk Southern and the Dude makes huge money. Bought his first house at 20, he's 27 now and has 3 properties. He loves it. I tried to get a job with him once and didn't get it. It definitely helps if you know someone. Don't know if it's everywhere, but RR jobs are union here, so you got that goin for ya if thats the case. I think you work crappy hours, but then again, it depends on what you do. It's definitely one of those jobs that people envy (around my area anyways).

naw, I love the dang Army, had back surgery a while back that gettin me the medical boot. Don't much care for it but ain't plannin on jackin the back up no more either!

gouran01 said:
naw, I love the dang Army, had back surgery a while back that gettin me the medical boot. Don't much care for it but ain't plannin on jackin the back up no more either!

Sorry to hear about the medical problem. Be sure and go to your local VA hospital and get it documented for any disability $$ that you might be able to garner. If anything, use the re-employment (educational) opportunites for Veterans.

Latest posts