2012 Tinboats tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingmich

Reaction score
Has there been any talk about a 2012 Tinboats tourney? I didnt make it to this years tournament and I'm still kicking myself for it.

I wish it was scheduled already too , it will be alot easier to make my schedule fit it than to try to squeeze it in. somewhere in Northern Illinois would be best probably (for me :D )

Anywhere in No. Ill, No. Indiana, Sou. Wis, NW Ohio or anywhere in Michigan and me and my son are there. He is entered in a kids fishing tournament put on by the Glacier Lakes Bass Club in SE Michigan and he is so fired up it's not even funny. HE asked if there were going to be tv cameras there and we had to tell him, "No and your not Kevin Van Dam!"

Just a thought but when I think good bass fishing Illinois does not even make the list, too far north with too short a grow season. Here my top 7 big bass states

Florida
Texas
California
Alabama
Georgia
S Carolina
Tennessee

Anywhere there and i am in!

Hanr3 said:
Couple of questions.

Where is WASilvers?

Camping?

HP restrictions or not?

I've been vacationing in Texas - today is my first day back. Had one so big on the line I couldn't move it - gotta love catfishing :D Haven't been on TB lately because we had spotty cell service there and it was rude to surf while the family is trying to visit :lol:

Looks like we should make some plans for the next trip. Maybe around an airport so Jim can swing by (unless he flies to milwaukee and rides with us in the back with the kids - he can be the entertainment :lol: ).

These northern lakes make it more of a challenge to find quality fish. Anyone can catch a legal fish in the south - they are all of 9 months old. Because of the short growing season, the legal size here take YEARS to reach and they become wary of classic presentations. I equate every legal fish I catch to a 5 lber in the south. Maybe that's why I'm super hyped with only 1-2 legal fish a day :LOL2:

Any suggestions on the place? I don't prefer HP restrictions just cause I don't have a motor that will move me faster than 3.0 mph, but I can fish around the dock like the winner a couple years ago.

Plus lakes in northern Illinois get heavy pressure from Rockford, Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.

The further south you go in Illinois the less fishing pressure they see. I'll throw out two recommendations.

Clinton Lake- about 20 miles south of Bloomington, IL. Bloomington is located at the intersection of Interstates, I55, I39, and I74.
https://www.dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/R3/clinton.htm
https://www.lake-link.com/lakes/lake.cfm?LakeID=17850
4,900 acres,
130 miles of shore,
300 campsites,
no hp limit,
ramp fees?,
3 Bass 16" minimum,
15 Crappie, 9" minimum,
check the links for more info, including creel limits.

Lake Shellbyville- about 30 miles south of Champaign, IL. Champaign is located at the intersection of Interstates, I57, I74, and I72.
https://www.lake-link.com/lakes/lake.cfm?LakeID=18515
https://www.theboatingexperience.com/boating_destinations/lake_shelbyville_illinois.html
11,000 acres,
120 miles of shore,
numerous campgrounds,
no hp limit,
ramp fees? yes (however I dont remember the cost),
3 Bass 14" minimum,
15 Crappie - 5 fish under 10" and 10 fish 10" and over permitted

I've never fished Clinton and only fish Shellbyville once. Both are located about the middle of the state, with Shelbyville being further from Chicago.

I'm game for just about anywhere in Illinois, or any of the surrounding states.

If you go to Shelbyville maybe you will see Homer when you drive through Springfeild.:)

BassAddict said:
Loggerhead Mike said:
Those Lunker in Florida would get my vote but I know most members would be to far away to drive

Drive! what are u nuts?

I plan on taking the JDBaits corporate jet!

Awesome! I got some duct tape that will fix that right up.

Well, I can help with a WI or IL tourney. If it is in FL, GA, TX etc... I can't help much. If FL has the vote, is there a member or two there who can lookup locations and get the ball rolling?

Will

BassAddict said:
Loggerhead Mike said:
Those Lunker in Florida would get my vote but I know most members would be to far away to drive

Drive! what are u nuts?

I plan on taking the JDBaits corporate jet!

LMAO! You got full coverage ins on that rig?

I'd like Florida but I can make it anywhere within reasonable driving distance since my vacation got cancelled this year. Maybe we should vote on a state so everybody gets a say-so ?

Loggerhead Mike said:
I'd like Florida but I can make it anywhere within reasonable driving distance since my vacation got cancelled this year. Maybe we should vote on a state so everybody gets a say-so ?

Realistically the tournaments should remain local or regional. Even if a single state was decided, it will end up being a local/regional event anyway.

Seems there are several interested in a Florida tournament, great. Maybe one of you could coordinate the event in Florida.

Personally, I'm self limited to about 4 hours from central Illinois and looking forward to next years event.

Latest posts