Mariko Izumi in Edmonton,Alberta-Canada...Cabella's G.O.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanMC

Reaction score
Hi to all, so we finally got a Cabella's here in Edmonton,Alberta Canada.But will talk later about Cabella's,let's see how many fisherman down in the States know who Mariko is... #-o .Yes that one,Bob's niece...yes ...they share the same last name and i guess when you're beautiful and you are related to a famous fishing personality that became millionaire doing what we all wish we could do...have fun and earn tonns of money...(i wish [-o< ).Wow she's a looker, we got her autograph on a book and one of her pictures signed...to us (the wife,i and upcoming baby...wife is 9 mo preganant :D ) and just before we left Mariko gave us a white ball cap with WFN logo on it,nice gesture.BTW if you have a chance to see her run to see her,she's just that gorgeous...
And now about Cabella's...we used to drive nearly 300 Km to the nearest Bass Pro Shopps for the great selection on fishing/boating gear and we were never disapointed untill we went to Cabella's right here in Alberta's capital city Edmonton (Canada).For starters Cabella's in Edmonton is way too small at 70.000 sqf versus Bass Pro Shopps in Airdrie near Calgary (also in Alberta,Canada...we are not crazy about Calagarians :roll: :roll: ) that measures in at 150.000 sqf :!: .Cabella's seems to cater about 80% to hunters and the Army...i never seen so much camo clothing under one roof...so if you are looking to buy fishing gear or boating gear don't bother with Cabella's,i hear that in the US is where the big Cabella's are...so for now i will be shopping at our Canadian store Wholesale Sports (we got two of those in town and thet cater big time to the fishing community...unlike Cabella's...and ofcourse the drive south to BPS :lol: )...Even their camping selection is a let down...i wonder what were they (Cabella's) thinking when they decided to open the second on all of Canada (the other one is in Winnipeg,Manitoba...the people that live in Winnipeg think they are the centre of the Universe... :---) #-o )they must think of us Edmontonians that we are savages...guns and camo clothing...anyone heading to Iraq...sorry ,Canada is only involved in the other arab war...the one that Nato/UN should have avoided at all costs (see soviet occupation...what they achieved against guys in jammies that still live in caves :shock: #-o ).Anyways if Cabella's would care about us guys that fish (and don't shoot...can you shoot and release...ohh i forgot that only works when fishing 8) ) they would have a real selection on fishing gear along with boating gear...too bad Cabella's...you made us wait for months to go thru the doors of your store and i'm sure i'm not the only one that was left dissapointed [-X :( :roll: :? :shock: #-o :---) :cry: :evil: [-X

Hmmmmm.... I kind of love/hate Mariko. Her show is definitely a fluff piece, but she is easy on the eyes.

Actually watched her show last night. It was filmed in Toronto. if you have seen the show, the Humber River, where she is kayaking, is where I usually take my boat.

Her show isn't really a fishing show but it sometimes is interesting and she is real easy on the eyes.
I hear her uncle Bob just won a bass tournament down in the states,can't remember where but I think it's his first win down there...guess I'll have to google it.

I live about 45 minutes from Cabela's Owatonna MN store, but I save most of my money to spend at the BPS in Altoona IA when we make our spring fishing trip. Cabela's Owatonna store has really went down hill in the fishing dept since they opened.

I thought she was BassAddict in drag?

042509crackedice.jpg

DanMC said:
sorry ,Canada is only involved in the other arab war...the one that Nato/UN should have avoided at all costs
I'm in Kandahar, Afghanistan right now, and where we are has a pretty big Canadian presence, to the point of having a hockey rink that has games/tournaments every night. But the big thing for me is there is a Tim Horton's (Canada's version of Dunkin Donuts for those who don't know) right across the street. I don't make it a habit of going, but man, their Iced Cappucino is awesome. You guys are alright by me... :D

SVOMike86...i hope i did not offend you buddy...but up here in Canada a lot of people are against this war...you see in the old days wars were fought for honor (like today...but hear me out) like for example ...you invaded me or my friend...now because we are buddies will invade the crap out of you...at least on paper =D> ,well a short lesson on history...so let's say we are friends now...for example's sake it's WWII...but now it's like 65 yars later and i have a problem with let's say what the Ottomans left behind...like a religion that calls all others infidels [-X and now i'm trying to take care of issues and you my "former" ally and friend come 1/2 around the world and bomb the :( :cry: you know what out of me...well was this squrmish justified... [-X no ,it was not...sorry but you may not even connect the dotts but this "conflict" the moment is over it will go back to the way it was before...do you still think this war was worth it ?...i think not...my wife has a first cousin that was an instructor (or some thing like that... :D ...thank you wife first cuzz for the un-necessary service #-o ) and now he is sick as heck from some stuff he got from 'overthere :---) ' the way i see it ...young man,you want fun or aventure join a sect but stay out of wars that serve the rich and only the rich...look where the States is now my friend... [-X .
Thank you,
Dan

Cabela's Canada is brutal! The Winnipeg store just has over priced stuff and staff that could care less if they sold you anything or helped you. It's too bad that they were able to use the Cabela's name because they definitely don't represent what the Cabela's in the states are like at all

Cabela's Canada only does offer seasonal catalogues. At the moment we're a tad too small and still new to the game to have separate catalogues as you suggested. Though the Fall catalogue mainly focuses on the hunting aspect. It's the Spring Catalogue that features boating and Camping. We no longer send that catalogue out. But our website is our full catalogue. Everything we carry is online. Where as in our catalogues we feature newer and popular items.

Should you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-265-6245 where a Customer Service Representative will be able to assist you further.

Kirsten-Customer Care
Cabela's Canada
1-800-265-6245
www.cabelas.ca

So here is what Cabela Canada had to say..........we are too small :roll: and stuff but on their advertising banner they brag how big they are [-X ,big words like 'foremost' and stuff... :---)
Dan :(

Latest posts