The nerve!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
I placed an ad today to sell my Hobie Kona kayak. Yes, it's used, yes it's seven years old, yes it has scratches but come on now, a new one costs $1200 and I was just asking $475 with everything included such as dolly, seats, life jackets, paddles, fish finder and flush mounted pole holders.

I got many calls and actually sold it to the second caller who came by the quickest with the cash. Okay, we haggled for a second and then sold it for $420 cash. He was happy, I was happy.

I received many more calls but had to give them the bad news. I came home after having dinner with my son and saw that I had three emails about the kayak. I responded to all three to let them know that it was sold.

One emailer just asked if it was still available.

Another asked if I would HONOR his budget of $375.

Yet another just flat out offered $200! Can you say POUND SAND?

kayak4sale003.jpg

I had a guy offer me $1500 for a car that was listed at $2500 i laughed at him and said i had 10 other calls at 2500 have a nice day
they will always try to go low. i figure it doesnt hurt to ask

SVOMike86 said:
redbug said:
Yeah, but a $200 offer on $475 is ridiculous. Hell, I would have probably started at $350, AND I'M CHEAP! :p
I agree your cheal :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :roflmao: :LOL22: :LOL22:
your right that would be nuts

SVOMike86 said:
redbug said:
Yeah, but a $200 offer on $475 is ridiculous. Hell, I would have probably started at $350, AND I'M CHEAP! :p

I agree that is is rediculious but depending on how bad the money was needed and there might not have been any other offers. You never know.

Latest posts