WHATS YOUR BEST FISHING MEMORIE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
My best memorie is, I was fishing about 11 years ago with my mom, dad, and kids on Tionesta creek. We were fishing for what ever would bite.I think Trout was the only thing that was in at the time and it was 3 days before bass came in. Mom and dad were hook line and sinker with a nightcrawler style fisherman, they didnt care if they caught nything as long as they were by the water. I was fishing off of this big rock about 20yrds down from tem when all of a sudden bang my rod bent and the fight was on. I ended up landing a smallmouth about 24 inches long and about 6.5lbs. She was a beautiful fish and faught like a shark. I released the fish with no harm done saving her for another day. My kids were having a heart attack when they seen the big FISHY. The biggest reason this is my best memorie was that it was the last time I ever got to fish with my mom before she passed and that was the only fish my mother ever seen me catch besides carp and catfish. I could catch a world record fish and it wouldnt mean as much to me as that day will always mean to me!

Mine would have to be the very first time I went freshwater fishing with a neighborhood kid and his granddad. We went to some little man made pond and I caught 11 fish, 7 perch and 4 Bass. All dinks and all caught on bobber and minnow. I was hooked after that.

My best memorie was stiper fishin with my father before he passed, went out of solomons island md, and fished the chesapeake bay. We had chartered a boat it was my father my uncle and a few of there buddies, and me. The captian and first mate we brothers, and didnt always see eye to eye about how we should be fishing, this was my first time out with them so i honsetly thought they might get into it have to be sepreated. We started the morning following the birds and throwing for some sea trout, after about an hour of that it was time to start trolling, so we drew cards to see who would get the first fish, oddly enough i got the ace and thus first fish (first mate had rigged it for me) the bite was on early and after about 2 hours everyone had a fish(mostly around 35inches), then the fish stoped bitting, It had been on me for over an hour before something finally hit, and it was a nice one, 43'inches (kinda thin tho), after he hit the bite was back on we had serveral doubles and rotation was lost everyone was just grabbing rods left and right, at the end of the day i won the big fish pool and pocketed 100$ (which covered me payin for my spot on the boat with a little left over). When we got home we took this picture. Ill never forget this trip.

Attachments

• My first striper.jpg
    My first striper.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 413
Well, Since my dad taught me how to fish originally, I guess this is kinda bad. But one of my fishing memories that I don't think i'll ever forget was actually with my step-dad. We never fished really that I can think of other than this time, but man was it fun. We went to his aunt and uncles farm where they had a pond stocked full of catfish. He actually lost one of his rods, as soon as he casted it out, he turned around to sit down and didn't even have time to turn back around when a fish drug his rod and reel all in. But man, We caught catfish that whole evening...that was a blast.

I have so many fond memories from fishing but I would have to say the ones that really stood out are the ones trout fishing in SW Wisconsin with my late father. He taught me to fish and clean up after ourselves (and others as well). We would drive 3 hours to the little town, scout the streams, get a motel room, clean up and have dinner and early to bed. Fishing by dawn and if we caught some fine, if not we still had a great time.

My most least favorite memory was when we went to the Wolf River in Fremont, WI for the spring White Bass run. We rented a row boat but had borrowed a friends little outboard motor (less than 10HP). The current was VERY swift and so dad made sure the motor started and was warmed up before we shoved off. As soon as I untied us from the dock dad tried to put it in gear... It wouldn't go in gear... We drifted back more and more and soon we were heading out of control towards a VERY low bridge. the anchor I tossed over the side was only keeping our bow pointing upstream as it wasn't holding at all. We got to the bridge which had like 1 foot of clearance and our boat would of had to flip over to make it under. Dad was doing all he could to hold the boat from doing just that. Fortunately our friends saw our dilema and came down stream to assist us. I gave the guys in the other boat our anchor and they pulled us back to the dock. Turns out the shear pin was broken. Quick fix and back on the river. Scary!

Latest posts