Introduction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to start off by giving you a brief history, have been boating most of my adult life...I live in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon actually. I do mainly fresh water boating, we have access to the Pacific but I keep my craft small as not to be tempted to venture into the Deep water.
I have owned a few craft over the years and the last two have been Aluminum, such a perfect materiel.
I am starting a project this year, I picked up a 1979 StarCraft, 14 footer w/windshield; in reasonable condition. I have a working knowledge of marine applications but this will be my first attempt at restoring an older craft. Up to now my other crafts have all been new, when I saw this diamond in the ruff I just had to mold life back into to it.
I am an avid Trout Angler this is how I became a boater, once you leave the shoreline you can never go back.
I know how to use a search engine and I will, if I do ask a question that seems easy to answer that doesn't mean it was easy to ask.
Would like to share and learn from others while I am here, Nice to find this site...

LaavalakeRainbow.jpg

Trying out my photo sharing skills...lt worked

Chuck

Welcome, and by all means, ask questions. It gives us something to do other than work... And, although there have been cases where someone said "Use the search feature", its not nearly as common as other forums, and I have yet to see anyone be a real jerk about it... MORE PICS PLEASE!

bulldog said:
Welcome!! Great looking project boat there. Ask away, we don't bite.

I've tried my best to contact Starcraft to get some information on my craft but can't get an active e-mail address. I work graveyard and live on the west coast, difficult to call. It is a '79 14 footer, have no idea the model, need a data plate with HP rating planning on replacing the outboard with a four-stroke (much heaver than the '79 30hp Susuki it came with). Started the dismantling portion and have already filled a memory stick with pictures for ease of reassembly.
I am changing my steering from pulley and cable to Hydro/gear assembly, and am still up in the air on the windshield; restore the old or go with a squeeze through style.

Chuck

Latest posts