Oakleys

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
Does everyone find it perfectly acceptable that oakley makes their earsocks a consumable part of their glasses? Mine are completely gummy disgusting and the lady on the phone at oakey said that is expected but they sell replacement sets whenever they get this way. I have never had this issue with any other brand of sunglasses I have purchased and as much as these cost it really chaps my hiney...

Rant off

Jim said:
What are earsocks? :lol:

How much for the replacements?

Ear socks are just a fancy name for rubber covers for the legs of the glasses, they got sticky like flypaper and left black marks on everthing they stuck to including my temples. I paid almost 200 bucks for these glasses less than 1 year ago so even having to spend this measly 13 bucks+ shipping is pretty dumb to me being I had a pair of costas for almost 4 years and did nothing but clean the lenses ocasionally.

https://www.oakley.com/women/products/2100/16319

That does suck and I would be a little upset about that to. I had a pair and they did the same thing. It is pretty nasty. I think it was my fault tho b/c I left them in the sun.(I guess it was IDK) I have never bought another pair since. Just to expensive for a pair of sunglasses.

I just bought a pair of polarized sunglassses. I wanted to get the Oakley Flak Jacket ones but they were $210. The Maui Jims I got were much less...not as much style but the lenses are as good if not better. They are awesome for fishing and they look pretty good. :eek:

Oakleys are great glasses, unless you know what great glasses are. (If you know what I mean) If you don't know anything about glasses, chances are you know what Oakleys are. A lot of people haven't heard of any glasses that might be better. In my opinion, which isn't all encompassing, I suggest polarized glasses from L.L. Bean. I've had a single pair from the for the past 4 years, they don't scratch (unlike Oakley), they have the best polarized lenses, except for maybe Costas or Maui Jims (I don't have much experience with them), but the coolest thing about the L.L. Bean glasses is they have a lifetime warranty, if they ever break, or do get scratched, send them back and they send you a new pair. Oh, and they normally cost about $50. Half as much as the NON polarized Oakleys. Unless you can get an awesome deal on your Oakleys from a website like the one I posted a month or 2 ago, I wouldn't waste your money.

I've been wearing Ray Bans for 20+ years....awesome polarized lenses and **** durable...buy the Italian made ones, not the Chinese ones (yes, they sell both and yes, there is a difference). They typically run about $160 a pair and Ray Ban has a repair/replacement program as well....

Better believe it mine were so sticky I could stick it to something and the glasses would just hang there the lady at oakleys told me it was sweat that caused them to get like that and to me it just seems like a gimmick.

Latest posts