Is there such a device?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Was out fishing this morning, they weren't cooperating and I kept getting snagged.

The water is down in the lake I fish and I got to thinking... Is there some kind of device or maybe a program for an android phone or something that would be gps capable that you could associate pictures with programmed points?

I thought it would be great to take a pic of the underwater cover now when low so that next year when it's back covered I could pull up to a spot and look at the pic and see which way the tree or whatever is laying. I never can remember each spot and at the least I would have an idea what my lure was snagged on!

These pics are to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

I asked something similiar a while back and it was either make a manual waypoint on your GPS or paper chart it. Since the local river has been so low this year I've uncovered all sorts of neat spots.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
I asked something similiar a while back and it was either make a manual waypoint on your GPS or paper chart it. Since the local river has been so low this year I've uncovered all sorts of neat spots.

Jamie

You could do that, I just think I would like a picture to come up at the waypoints. I don't have an android phone but it sounds like a perfect app for one.

Any programmers on here?

do you have google maps, you could use the buzz feature others would be able to see it but probably wouldn't know what they where looking at, also what about just creating a map again through google maps of where something is and you could title the waypoint of what the structure is and then take a picture and name the picture the same thing, it wouldn't be as easy but it would work, i use the second method for my hunting properties and it works for me

Give "GPS Essentials" a look, I think it may have that capability. I've downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

Cool idea. Let us know if you come up with something that works.

Right now, I'm using a program called "aging memory".

I try to remember and usually forget. :shock:.....but I do have waypoints that work well.

fender66 said:
Cool idea. Let us know if you come up with something that works.

Right now, I'm using a program called "aging memory".

I try to remember and usually forget. :shock:.....but I do have waypoints that work well.

Yeah, I use the same program fender. Not to reliable.

DocWatson said:

I just looked through the description but I don't think it lets you take pics and associate them. Just track on a map.

Close to what I'm thinking though. If they would let you put waypoints on the map you generate then be able to access the waypoints to view a picture you took of the area or object I'd be happy.

Here's the email I sent that website, wonder if I'll get a response?

"Hello

Been looking at this app and I was wondering if I can record a picture at the specific fish on waypoint?

Reason I ask is because the lake I fish in is low right now and I wanted to take a pic of the brush piles that are exposed now so that next year when they are covered I would be able to go to the spots and be able to look at a pic so I can see what the brushpile looks like because my memory isn't what it used to be!

Thanks"

parkerdog said:
Here's the email I sent that website, wonder if I'll get a response?

"Hello

Been looking at this app and I was wondering if I can record a picture at the specific fish on waypoint?

Reason I ask is because the lake I fish in is low right now and I wanted to take a pic of the brush piles that are exposed now so that next year when they are covered I would be able to go to the spots and be able to look at a pic so I can see what the brushpile looks like because my memory isn't what it used to be!

Thanks"

Not hijacking your thread, but I was curios what part of Illinois you're in and what body of water are the pics from???

If you google Rapatee IL and go north 1.5 miles I'm on that lake that runs along the highway on the east side. Old strip mine lake 35 miles or so west of Peoria.

In the middle pic you can just see back of the garage in the upper right.

It would be a little work ___ take a pic, download,open pic in paint & add waypoint,than save.Pic with waypoint.Be specific as to where waypoint was taken(at top of tree) :idea:

crazymanme2 said:
It would be a little work ___ take a pic, download,open pic in paint & add waypoint,than save.Pic with waypoint.Be specific as to where waypoint was taken(at top of tree) :idea:

I was meaning a gps waypoint. You can do that with paint?

I have an andoid phone(an older one actually) and I hit the menu button while in camera mode. And right there it says gps on/off. So if its on and u take a pic it'll store it. Then when u click on it later it'll pop up and let you choose to view it on a map.

Latest posts