Can't believe I'm thinking this.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
I am thinking about selling my tin for a glass boat. Nothing real soon, but maybe over the winter when prices drop more. I would however have to have a smaller tin to go with it though. If I could get the right price for my boat....and was patient in my searches....I could probably buy a glass and tin boat. It's just that the tournaments that I fish....up to 10 a year....would be much better if I fished from a glass bass boat. They just perform better on the bigger lakes in the Midwest than my flat bottom jet. Maybe I'm crazy for even thinking this cause I sure do love my tin!

How sick am I for even thinking this?

not sick at all. get the tool for the job.
if your fishing tournaments on bigger water ways the glass will get you there quicker and be a much nicer ride
go for it!!

You're not sick.

I got an aluminum project boat just for lake fishing, mostly trout. It's much easier to maintain.

I also have a fiberglass boat for the salt water excursions. Much heavier and more stable.

Go for it. I've fished tournaments from a tin. Nice to fish from a bigger platform especially on bigger water.

I used a fiberglass boat for my fishing charters and my small aluminum boat when doing my scouting trips... helped to keep costs and minimized the additional wear and tear on the guide boat....

It's OK Chris....we will still hangout with you. :LOL2:

not sick at all. get the tool for the job
+2

If I were fishing tournaments on big water I would definitely be looking for one. Of course we want to see pictures of it!!

I'm NOT in a hurry, and certainly haven't made up my mind yet. First step is to get my tin back on the water. Then....slowly and carefully consider my options.

Thanks for the support guys.

I think you are just jonesing for a boat right now. Get yours on the water, then make up your mind. I think as long as you don't set your sights too high that you can get a decent glass boat for under $5k, then you could keep them both.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
I think you are just jonesing for a boat right now. Get yours on the water, then make up your mind. I think as long as you don't set your sights too high that you can get a decent glass boat for under $5k, then you could keep them both.

Jamie

That's exactly what I'm thinking too.

Some boats are just better suited to certain waters/fishing situations.

Once I'm all done with my boat, I would love to have another smaller, lower sided boat, with a simpler interior layout for fishing the local river for bass, and a couple other Rivers in the state for Musky. I'd rather not beat this boat up, and a smaller boat would make really shallow areas passable.

Latest posts