Good day in Ky.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kycolonel138th

Reaction score
:USA1: Fishing all day yesterday with wife (Shirley) and grand child (Callie) on Dale Hollow lake in Ky. Did not catch a thing, What a good day, sky was blue water was the same, food for the soul. \:D/

I totally get that...catching the fish is just icing on the cake. I love to just be out there on the water enjoying the peace and quiet trying to catch them.

Dale Hollow is so clear that the only way to fish it is at night... A guide we had there once said he wouldn't even take anybody out during daylight...He and I and a 3rd person went out under cloudy skys very late in the day and using tube jigs we did alright by ourselves. Biggest problem on that lake when fishing at night is the large number of house boats that can be mored most anyplace... we found one that had a rope going to shore that almost took us right out of our boat... The rope was tied to a tree up on shore and we just couldn't see it...The Guide also said that the eagles were a problem when they catch anything that is swiming close to the surface...
I'm glad you had a good time.

Never a bad day at the holler wether ya catch anything or not, beautiful country. I wouldn't know what to do if I went to a lake that wasn't clear :cry:

Latest posts