Remember this car?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to know Mike Boyd a little bit....and yes the "Wing" is a bad *** ride.....

ps; I was in the back of a pick-up going down the return road at Famoso a few years ago when Mike and the Wing went *** over teakettle at the March Meet....we were one of the first ones on the scene as he climbed out of the remains of the old car....Mousie got there a few minutes later and while he was rightly torn up about the car, the hug he gave Mike when he found out he was okay was enough to make us all cry....Mousie just knew something bad had happened....

I talked to one of the original team members at a Pomona event and he said that the original car's chassis was made out of exhaust pipe tubing!

I don't go to any drag races anymore, but seeing videos like this brings back the urges to build another rod. Maybe a lottery ticket or two........... :idea:

S&MFISH said:
I got to see that car (and a host of others) run at the PDA Championshp in 1974 at OCIR. What a day that was,at 15 it was one of the highlights of my life.

OCIR was a great venue in the middle of an orange grove. I remember it well.

Latest posts