Strange Feeling

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
So my wifey and I are heading up from union lake with boat, we stopped at a stop sign, than it felt like someone was rocking my truck by jumping up and down on the bumper, (a good 10 seconds) traffic cleared so we took off, than heard on the radio there was an earth quake, epacenter was in Virginia, 5.9. It was felt as far South as South Carolina , Noth to Toronto and west to Ohio, Hope everyone is OK.

Pretty neat, no drama here. I was standing outside my garage putting oil in the skid loader, heard a bit of a rumble like they were dynamiting at the quarry and then heard the roof of the garage shifting like it does when it heats up followed by a short gust of wind from the southeast. The wind was the weird part.

Jamie

did not feel or here anything in E TN but they it could have been felt. Oh well, missed it again.

Gosh!!!! A few yrs. ago I was sitting in the den eating my breakfast before work and it felt like the house moved. I thought someone had run into the house with their car. Then I thought that was probably an earthquake????? Anyway that is what it was, an earthquake. I forget the exact scientific name but was the first time I've ever heard of one in Alabama.

I was sittin' in my livingroom when the house started to shake. Thought some **** fool backed a boat and trailer into my building. :wink: But when I stood up, the house was still shakin'.

I lived in the San Francisco Bay area for 10 years and experienced several shakes like that one. None of them were more than a blip on the nightly news. Kinda like it is here when one happens out there, just a brief statement that "there was a 5.whatever, centered in someplace, no damage reported."

If you think about it, nothing really happened. The earth moved.... period. Happens all the time. Shrug, be glad it wasn't worse and move on. It really isn't a half day of news unless nothing else is happening. Not even on the east coast !!

Catch any fish Mr. 'moo ??? :LOL2:

Hanr...I didn't feel a thing either.

But my Fiance's cousin lives in Baltimore and she was driving when it happened. She thought she blew a tire or the semi that she was driving next to hit her. So she pulled over and noticed all kinds of people were coming out of houses and buildings looking around. Said it scared her to death.

Couple people in the upstate (SC) that I know said they felt it. I was driving, and my Jeep did a lot more bouncing and shaking than the quake did :mrgreen:

I wonder if the earthquake could have messed up my fishing. I got 6 to 7 nice white perch I kept right when we got to the water mid day and then all of a sudden it just died. Its weird cuz it died right when the quake really it. Do you think the quake could mess up fishing?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314195707536.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314195707536.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 894
My Wifes uncle lives in Richmond, VA and said he's felt aftershocks every day since. He's not the drunk one, so I think I gotta believe him...

MDFisherman57 said:
I wonder if the earthquake could have messed up my fishing. I got 6 to 7 nice white perch I kept right when we got to the water mid day and then all of a sudden it just died. Its weird cuz it died right when the quake really it. Do you think the quake could mess up fishing?
Fish are animals and there is hard evidence that animals are aware of an impending quake as demonstrated by their behavior right before a quake. I'm sure fish are the same way and probably go off their feed as part of the "fight/flight" response. It's just an instinct we lost when we became civilized. Our fight/flight response has been redirected to traffic jams and money worries. :roll:

DocWatson said:
It's just an instinct we lost when we became civilized. Our fight/flight response has been redirected to traffic jams and money worries :roll:

Fear not, the fight/flight response is still intact, just ask the kid being bullied on the playground or the man who's deep in debt that either decides to Man up, change his lifestyle and pay the debt off. Or he decides to just stop answering the
Phone when the bill collectors call

BassAddict said:
DocWatson said:
It's just an instinct we lost when we became civilized. Our fight/flight response has been redirected to traffic jams and money worries :roll:

Fear not, the fight/flight response is still intact, just ask the kid being bullied on the playground or the man who's deep in debt that either decides to Man up, change his lifestyle and pay the debt off. Or he decides to just stop answering the
The kid being bullied ends up as the foil of a political argument between their parents and the school about what constitutes bullying and whose responsibility it is the child is being bullied (just adds more stress to the family situation).
The guy with the debt simply declares bankruptcy, wipes his slate, gets new credit cards in 6 months and starts the cycle all over again. #-o

DocWatson said:
BassAddict said:
DocWatson said:

The kid being bullied ends up as the foil of a political argument between their parents and the school about what constitutes bullying and whose responsibility it is the child is being bullied (just adds more stress to the family situation).

Just another fine result of the PC society we live in.... But what does the kid do for the 7 hours while hes in school, fight back or become the class clown to hopefully avoid the bullying

The guy with the debt simply declares bankruptcy, wipes his slate, gets new credit cards in 6 months and starts the cycle all over again. #-o[/quote]

Good example of flight!

Latest posts