Timber Rattler in KY

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W2FTodd

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys saw this or not. Jason was out fishing last when this "little" fella approached them. Yikes. Glad they don't have them up here.

https://blog.wired2fish.com/blog/bid/60937/Sir-Snake-a-Lot-A-Big-Timber-Rattlesnake-on-Ky-Lake

Schnakes give me the willies.. Especially ones in the water.. Bad snake.. go back to the desert..

I was fishing Lake Caddo (Louisiana side) last March and a little Water Moccasin came up to the boat,then it sank down like a sub.. We dont have them up here in MN.. Creepy/Deadly lil bastards..

I hate to sound like a hippie, but they are pretty animals. I hate it when people kill snakes (unless its in your yard and you have small children).

:USA1: I had a 65" rattlesnake in my car port last year. A shotgun took care of it. :roflmao:

FishinsMyLife said:
I hate to sound like a hippie, but they are pretty animals. I hate it when people kill snakes (unless its in your yard and you have small children).

+1. You don't sound like a hippie at all! That is a beautiful snake. I'd have totally enjoyed seeing something like that on the water. Earlier this spring, while fishing, I found a rock hillside that was great for water snakes. I saw three pair of them breeding. Very cool stuff (for me)

I've been breeding snakes since the mid 80s as a hobby. Before the wife and kids, I did a lot of work with the conservation department and local zoos to educate people on them. For the past 20+ years my emphasis has been on boa constrictors. I maintain a breeding colony of around 12-15 adults and with all the babies I have, my collection is around 80 animals right now. It's actually time for me to start selling off the babies from this year as they are all doing great. That just means I'll have more money to buy fishing gear.

SNAKES DONT LIKE FISHING POLES, AND FISHING POLE DONT LIKE BEING USED AS SNAKE CHARMERS, I HAVE LOST A FEW POLES TO THE CAUSE...

Latest posts