Irene Done Chased me home

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Had to leave Ocean City Maryland a few days early because of mandatory evacuations - Checked on the boat and made sure the lines were in good shape and the fenders were in place - not much else we can do except hope the other boats stay put

BTW - traffic was horrible with everyone fleeing - a 3 hour ride took me over 6 hours

Arrrrrrrrrgh!

I just got the call I will be working 16 on 8 off until further notice starting sunday morning
it is gonna be a long week but at least the sun will be out come monday

Ahab did you think about pulling the boat out?

We did think about pulling it - but there is no trailer so we would end up in the Marina Yard which can be far worse then in the water

We are on a floating dock with tall pilings so we should be OK

My Wife has 6" of water in the barn. Horses are gonna hafta suck it up I guess. Sucks bein half way around the world when something like this happens. BUT, on the bright side, it should put out the fire thats been going on in the Great Dismal Swamp...

hope all is well with yall. Have been through plenty of them in Louisiana i can imagine the panic having people not used to them.

the media is blowing this up up and away..gotta love em. :roll:

We just got rain and a little wind. Actually it's nice to have the doors and windows open in the house vs. running the AC. Dad said his 28' Chris Craft is ok down on the Patuxtent at Broomes Island. Said the dock went under but the boats stayed in place. 5/8" mooring lines earned their keep last night.

Jamie

Speaking of tuna.
Had a tuna tournament here this last week.
Only aloud 1 bluefin per boat,no limit on the rest.
626 lber won.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB0QFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thevanguard.ca%2FNews%2F2011-08-27%2Farticle-2729905%2F626-lb-tuna-wins-Wedgeport-tourney%2F1&ei=qhhcTqfKA8XE0AHzn9mTCQ&usg=AFQjCNHsxU2EL_-Y7C58_5DGty5-Wbm8CA

Latest posts