Boat insurance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
Reading another thread (who has the fastest tin) got me thinking about boat insurance. When I purchased my boat I called my agent at Allstate and talked about boat insurance. He said that any boat under 14' and 30hp is covered under your home owners policy. Now my boat tops out at about 4mph so I don't have to worry about any accidents. But my question is who out there has insurance on their boat?

I carry insurance on my Lund. It only costs $120.00 a year and gives me piece of mind. Motor, hull, and trailer are listed as seperate claimable items and has medical coverage/liability. You may want to double check with you agent again on the 14' thing covered by homeowners. I had a 14' at one time and my agent told me the same thing but thats only for loss if it is at the house I believe. It wont do squat for liability if you run over a skier in the water or someone gets hurt on your boat while in use.

I just called my insurance today and he said they go by NADA book price which is a lot lower than I have in the rig. #-o

LOWEBIGJON said:
I just called my insurance today and he said they go by NADA book price which is a lot lower than I have in the rig. #-o
From what I see NADA low balls everything, except for my boat which they say goes for between 800 and 1200 bucks without the trailer or motor. So I guess I am lucky.

I have boat insurance on both of my boats for full coverage and agreed upon value.

I just recently got Vessel Assist with trailer towing coverage added on. Never thought about it until my GF's brother told me about trailer towing emergencies. The aluminum boat has three different sources of propulsion whereas the fiberglass boat only has the main outboard. If that goes out while in the ocean, I'm screwed! We tried paddles once and found that to be useless.

I insured my boat, it was really cheap - so cheap I can't even remember what I paid. Boat is worth about $4000 with motor I think insurance was $25 or so for a year.

i have replacement cost set at 10k. its 200+or- a year. that covers everything down to the wire to run lights. it is from progressive

I went in to get insurance on my 14' boat with 20 hp., agent said I did not need it for boat that small and did not recommend it.

my boats are in louisiana for,, what it cost,i love it . three boats ,motors, trolingmotors,and trailers ,$ 268 for some one gettin hurt or theft or what ever . most everybody takes little people with em . sometimes they aren't to stable on dry ground! i just feel better with it .

My homeowners policy will only cover them while parked in my shop. I HAD $4000 on my tin and $35000 on my bay boat plus $3000 electronics and equipment coverage. It ran me about $650 a year. Notice I said "HAD", now I run commercial insurance and it is 4 times as much. I had to do this because normal insurance won't cover tournament use and my boats are for hire.

Latest posts