What does everyone use for fish cleaning stations?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use the picnic table on our dock.

Now I just use my tailgate and a bucket usually.

I have been known to use the top of my bait cooler while sitting in the boat waiting for another bite.

All you really need is a flat surface, sharp knife and somewhere to toss the bits.

Yeah, wherever I'm at, just need a little water and a knife. "cleaning station setup" just sounds like waaaaaaay too much work and organization.

I use a concrete block for the cleaning station and resident possums and raccoons for the disposal of the carcasses.

2/ 5 gal buckets with an old section of counter top with a hole cut in it smaller than the bucket and i position one under the hole junk goes down fillets go into a bowl of ice water, 3 bucket technicaly if you count the one i sit on :D

I keep a cutting board & gallon of fresh water, in my pickup. If I keep any I clean my fish on tailgate with cordless fillet knife. Rinse of fillets & cleaning board with fresh water. clean better when get home. Dump cleanings in rural ditch on way home.

I have an old piece of plywood I set up on sawhorses in the garage, scraps go in the freezer for bait or next trash pickup. Not much into making a mess in the boat while I fish or on my tailgate at the launch.

Don't keep many fish to clean, but have used my tailgate, or a board that I keep in the back of the truck. I also have a fillet board that I was given at Christmas last year but I haven't personally used it yet.

Ictalurus said:
I have an old piece of plywood I set up on sawhorses in the garage, scraps go in the freezer for bait or next trash pickup. Not much into making a mess in the boat while I fish or on my tailgate at the launch.

I have a 1/4 sheet of plywood that I was throwing out. Put it between two sawhorses and go to town. I can wash it all off with the hose and it gives me a flat surface to filet them on (unlike my tailgate). I would like a cleaning station cause the sawhorses are a bit low and the back hurts afterwards.

When fishing Lake Michigan I mostly use the cleaning station at the harbor. If I clean fish at home I use a big piece of that white cutting board material. My Son-in-Law had a 4x8 sheet of it left from a project and cut me a piece about 18"x30" which I use on the picnic table in the back yard. However in the winter... I use my wife's nice wooden cutting board at the kitchen sink. She HATES that.

I use a stainless table that an old folks home was pitching. Whatever you do don't push the hose end over the drain if it get clogged with fish gew. Trust me...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315582179.504327.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315582179.504327.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 479

Latest posts