Maybe I don't need another tow vehicle...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
https://www.hulu.com/watch/110617/pinks-all-out-bakersfield-california

I'm getting that itch again! I thought I was over my hot rod days but.............

I hear ya. Saw a super sweet Chevy Cevelle SS today at teh icecream shack. Had a sick sounding motor with a healthy cam.

I have visions of hot roding my '00 S-10 Blazer. Pulling the 4.3L6 and dropping in an aluminum V8 from a Vette, it'll bolt up to my tranny, I need to move the firewall a tad, or install a 2" body lift. Push the radiator forward 3" and install an electric cooling fan, eliminating the belt driven fan.

Then swapping the rear axle out for a custom narrowed Dana 60, removing the fron IFS and sliding under a Custom narroed High pinion Dana 60 coil springs.

Moving the spare tire from under the rear end and hanging it off a custom tire carrier mounted to a custom rear bumper. Removing the front bumper and installing a custom bumper, then custom rock sliders connecting both front and rear bumpers. This should give me a 3"-4" platform all the way around the truck in case I get stuck in the muck.
Where the spare tire used to go I would make a custom box to hold spare parts/tools, accessed via the floor int eh bed of the cab.
Mounting on-board air compressor under the rear pasengers foot board, and finally an on-board welder for trail repairs.

Then I think of all the money spent on those upgrades, and think. ****, that would be one sweet boat.

i live about 30 min. north of summit racing so there is a heavy concentration of hot rods ans street rods, got a few buddy with some pretty sick cars, i just help 1 friend on a 53 gmc pick up, rat rodded, has a 5.3 liter ls1, 700r4 tranny, thing is sick, and gets 24 mpg to boot.

Hanr3 said:
I hear ya. Saw a super sweet Chevy Cevelle SS today at teh icecream shack. Had a sick sounding motor with a healthy cam.

I have visions of hot roding my '00 S-10 Blazer. Pulling the 4.3L6 and dropping in an aluminum V8 from a Vette, it'll bolt up to my tranny, I need to move the firewall a tad, or install a 2" body lift. Push the radiator forward 3" and install an electric cooling fan, eliminating the belt driven fan.

Sweet! I used to do this mod on the side for a bunch of guys. I've done 12 small block S-10 mods. Love the old box style. Preferably '93. I had a sweet '89 with a 383 that had 390hp. It was great on gas actually, but had to fill the tailgate with cement to help traction...

SVOMike86 said:
Hanr3 said:

Sweet! I used to do this mod on the side for a bunch of guys. I've done 12 small block S-10 mods. Love the old box style. Preferably '93. I had a sweet '89 with a 383 that had 390hp. It was great on gas actually, but had to fill the tailgate with cement to help traction...

narrowed 9" and a fourlink set, with some 12" street slicks shoulda done it also, my buddys "53" gmc pick up is set on a s-10 chassis, had to stretch it a lil but it was very close, was a very cool project

SVOMike86 said:
Hanr3 said:

I hear ya, I love the S-10 Blazer. Owned a '87 with 2putt8, '92, '93, and the 2000. '93 I dropped in a rebuilt 4.3 from a fullsize truck with a little cam and added glass packs. Video for sound of the glass packs on a 4.3L V6.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Hanr3#p/a/u/2/PlJuvx4fSJc

Ifn I had my way, this is what I would build.
53inchMichelinsS10Blazer.JPG

Latest posts