Florida tin boat tourney?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish2keel

Reaction score
I was reading the tourney for tinboats thread and there seems to be able alot of interest but mostly people way out of my driving range and others in the south for the most part. With that being said I was wondering if anyone is interested in a fishing tourney in florida or atleast in the south? There is alot lakes around in florida and have some big fish but we could find a lake and put together a date and do some fishing.

A southern tinboats tourney would be cool. Im not sure if anyone is interested and if its ok with the mods but if it is post here and we could work something out!

Thanks guys!!

Will Baldwin (F2k)

It's okay with me, but I'm just a pawn. I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't do this. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'll even throw in a prize (TBD later) for either the winner or as a give away. Let's see how this develops and I'll figure something out.

Pictures are a MUST! :LOL2:

Wow fender66 thats a great start!

So guys I got any southern tourney fishermen or gals on the site that want a tourney?

If its easier to move it to the a different state thats fine with me it doesnt have to be in florida. Some big bass in florida though. Just trying to see if theres any interest! If no one has a boat for you im sure we can get someone to lend theres for you

Looks like there is some interest in a florida tinboat tourney!

Ive been thinking about a body of water to fish and seems to be like okochebee or tahoe seem to be good pieces of water we can all agree on. Ive fished both many times and it offers lots of different fishing for every angeler. Top water, lillys, grass, flipping, docks, etc.

I think for this to be worth it we need at least 8-10 anglers. 1st place would get a trophy and 2nd and 3rd would get some form of winning(tbd).

If we want to carry this forward more I can write up some rules and we can start looking for a date as well!

If interested message me or post here!

Come on guys lets have a florida tourney and show the boys up north how we fish in the south! The big hawgs!

Thanks

Will Baldwin(f2k)

Depending on the date (I've got to get back from Alaska first...), I'm in for most anywhere in the southeast (Ga, Fla, Al, SC, NC, TN and so on), as long as we are doing a multi-day get together, and not merely a members tourney.. I quite liked the format we had at Dale Hollow two years ago, less the lack of attendance. I don't know if someone wants to dig up that thread for ideas, or what. In any case, I'd say the lodging arrangements went quite well (fish camp/resort type of place that had reasonably priced rooms in the lodge, family sized cabins, boat ramps, slips rented by the day, and so on). It basically covered a long weekend (Thurs - Sun, with many of us coming up Friday), Jim had a little giveaway/raffle type deal (your presence was the buy in), and so on.

The tourney would be nice, but I wouldn't put the entire emphasis on it, as I figure I'm not alone in the need to make a trip out of it for it to be worthwhile, unless it is in my backyard.

Also, depending on the date (if it is too soon, I'll still be 4000 miles away, so there is little I can do), I also have a little something to give as a raffle/giveaway prize.

Bassboy,

Good to hear from you! Hope alaska is going well for you!

As for a multi day event that sounds just as good as just a tourney. Im up for any ideas at this point and all the states you mentioned are good with me.

Anymore of these ideas would be great!

Latest posts