Anyone else...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
...receiving recorded messages on your phone (in my case my cell phone) from a company about upside down loans, defaults, home prepossessions, etc.? I've been getting a flood of calls just about dinner time for the last three days from numbers in several different states. Yes, I'm on the Do Not Call List and yes I reported them to the .gov address. I Googled these numbers and seems that many people are experiencing the same thing. What a pain in the behind!

The numbers are:

360-722-5910 (Washington State)

701-920-9805 (North Dakota)

406-224-9711 (Montana)

425-484-1802 (Bellevue, Washington)

406-224-9095 (Montana)

To these callers, STOP ALREADY, GET A LIFE, BETTER YET SEE THAT LEDGE, TAKE A FLYING LEAP!

I enjoy those calls - they do not hang up on me liske most of my calls :mrgreen:

I think they are made by Popeye and FishingCop - in fact, I am certain that they are behind this

BassAddict as well

Who am I leaving out?

fender66 said:
I won't tolerate any of that. I am a huge A$$ when I get those calls. They almost always hang up on me.

Uh, "recorded message" see 1st post

I am now including you in the list of suspect

Captain Ahab said:
fender66 said:
I won't tolerate any of that. I am a huge A$$ when I get those calls. They almost always hang up on me.

Uh, "recorded message" see 1st post

I am now including you in the list of suspect

#-o I can still be an A$$ and be the last to hang up. :LOL2:

I've been getting a fair amount of telemarketing calls on my cell over the last 2 months, more than half have been recordings. No clue why.

My wife HATES that I answer telemarketing calls on our home phone! I don't have a problem telling people no, so I'd rather just get them gone now instead of having them call back and annoy me later.

Im glad Im not the only ones getting calls like this. I got one from the everglades, one from ga, one from la that called 3 times back to back to back and one other one from unknown. None of them left a message and this was all today!

Im on the do not call list and yet im getting more calls than ever!

Oh yeah what service provider do you guys have for your cell phones? ive got att....maybe that has something to do with it

Strange thing is that these callers are only calling my cell phone which is also on the do not call list. The phone has an option for "Call Barring" (ATT cell service) but cannot be chosen when using the menu. I guess for now I'll just keep pushing that reject call button as I pretty much memorized the area codes from where these calls are coming from.

I received seven calls yesterday evening from these idiots. Only received two today, as I just turned off the phone.

As soon as we moved back to Tennessee and changed our phone number we began getting these calls. Fortunately, we have Caller ID. The standing rule in the house is if the Caller ID shows "Out of Area", "800 Service", or a name or number we don't recognize, we don't answer it. We also get some from some jerks saying we won a car as a result of a contest we never entered. After using Google to determine who it was, we found out that the number is spoofed so folks with the Do Not Call Registry can't trace it. Verizon limits us to 12 blocked numbers and we've got more than that so we just don't answer the phone for the most part.

Time is money for those guys. They have a computer do all their dialing for them, then when somebody answers, the call is transferred back to the live person. I take a twisted pleasure from pretending not to understand them, asking them to repeat themselves so they start all over from the top of their script, trying to engage them in other topics of conversation, start telling them about my day, etc. I figure its MY phone they called and I definitely did not ask them to call me. Sometimes I'll just set the phone down and let them keep talking. I asked one once why he didn't get a real job. Told him telemarketers are on the same respect level as used car salesmen and lawyers. He didn't call back.

My favorite is the old Jerry Seinfeld bit: "I'm a little busy right now. How about you give me your home phone number and I'll call you later."

Years ago, long before telemarketers became common, I had some jerk who kept calling but never said anything once I answered the phone. He (or she) just stayed on the line until I hung up the phone. At the time I was doing a lot of competitive pistol shooting and reloaded my own ammunition. Having had enough, I went to the reloading bench, primed a case (sans bullet and powder), and put the gun beside the phone. Sure enough, the jerk called again and said nothing once I answered. At that point I picked up the gun, cocked the hammer, and touched off the primer next to the phone. You'd be amazed how loud a primer can be. Problem solved. He never called again.

A little off the topic but involves crank callers.

Once some kids (I could hear the giggling in the background) called and claimed that I didn't pay for a pizza that I ordered and that they would be right over to collect the money due. I have an unlisted number so told them that I worked for the phone company (true and before caller I.D. was available) so I'll be right over to talk to them. Click!

Latest posts