Tow vehicle picture thread!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great white

Reaction score
There's lots about tinnys and trailers on the site, I just thought we could use a thread for pics of what we tow them with. From 1 tons, to 1/2 tons, to thrown in the bed or on the roof, to mom and dads car; let's see em all!

I'll start it off with my rig:

1755ee92-1.jpg

1237d529-1.jpg

1998 GMC Sierra k2500 eclb. 6.5 turbo diesel, 4x4, automatic, 4:10 gears. Pulls in 18-20 mpg unloaded and 10-13 pulling the trailer in the pics. Modifications are just waaaay to long to list. I'm into the whole thing (including purchase price and the new "optimizer" engine) for just a tick under 17 grand.

It a bit of a beast (not even close to stock, close to -but not quite- an early dmax for power) but as you can see by the trailer, it has to be!

I won't even notice the 12' springbok when I hook it up back there....

So, whatcha haulin' your tinny with?

;)

264839_10150246234315073_718860072_7564194_3567320_n.jpg263104_10150246234155073_718860072_7564191_3342876_n.jpg
2000 Land Rover Discovery II. Bought it from a friend for my Wife a couple months ago, but I've been out of the country since April, so I haven't seen it since we've owned it. I know it'll do a better job than my 300k mile Ford Ranger...

2005 Dodge 2500 CTD. Daily driven at 400hp 700ft.lbs
It has no problem towing the tin haha
This is an older picture, has a leveling kit and 35s now, plus a hard tonneau cover
ctd.jpg

It's the one on the right...

f150-vs-Weiner_Mobile.jpg

...Okay so maybe it's really the one on the left. :mrgreen:

2010-09-10DaTank.jpg

1996 Landcruiser, 200k miles, 35" tires, ARB bumper, 4" OME lift, custom gas tank, custom exhaust, seats 7 & most importantly FUN to drive. :D

Edit : old picture doesn't show all upgrades

Butthead said:

the one on the right looks like a set of "ta ta's" to me

TNtroller said:
Butthead said:

the one on the right looks like a set of "ta ta's" to me

Well if you think a weiner looks like a set of boobs you might be playing for the wrong team if you know what I mean. :lol:

I use a Toyota Tacoma four wacker or my GF's V6 4Runner. I thought I had a picture somewhere but the only one I could find was of a bento lunch at the beach! I guess it will have to do.

Attachments

• 03-15-09 006.JPG
    03-15-09 006.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,966
This is my tow rig, '93 Volvo 940 Turbo wagon w/ factory tow pkg. 3300lb rating
Pulls my 14' semi-v without a problem.

Attachments

• myturbo.jpg
    myturbo.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 1,936
We tow our 2010 14' Lund WC14 with a 2004 Honda Pilot 4WD, the rear suspension is upgraded to Timbren due to extra weight (camping gear,occupants,boat) :D .
Dan

Attachments

• Antony Pictures 208.JPG
    Antony Pictures 208.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,927
C.U. Fishin said:
This is my tow rig, '93 Volvo 940 Turbo wagon w/ factory tow pkg. 3300lb rating
Pulls my 14' semi-v without a problem.

Always liked a clean Volvo turbo wagon. I ran into a guy that had one set up for road racing. It supposedly had over 300 hp which I dont doubt. Looked awesome lowered with wider wheels. Man that sounds weird...

SVOMike86 said:
Always liked a clean Volvo turbo wagon. I ran into a guy that had one set up for road racing. It supposedly had over 300 hp which I dont doubt. Looked awesome lowered with wider wheels. Man that sounds weird...

Mine isn't quite stock , I've thought about lowering it but because it's also my tow rig I decided not to.
300hp is quite doable, in fact another local Volvo guy has a 240 wagon with my exact type of engine swapped into it that he has built to well over 300. He does the 1/4mi in the 11's.
I've had mine out to the track a couple times, best runs are in the low 14's....good enough to surprise/embarrass a lot of guys in Mustang GT's and almost every kid in a Honda 8)

Gotta love a turbo car. I used to have a 4cyl turbo Mustang that ran 12's. A lot of guys were putting the DOHC volvo head on the 2.3l ford block. Hard mod, but apparently worth it. Cant wait to get back into it. I think my "baby hauler" (when I have kids) is gonna be a WRX wagon, it should be able to tow the boat also:)

C.U. Fishin said:
I've had mine out to the track a couple times, best runs are in the low 14's....good enough to surprise/embarrass a lot of guys in Mustang GT's and almost every kid in a Honda 8)

Just remember that not all Honda's are slow. :wink:

I do dig the sleeper station wagon. My favorite is the Scooby (WRX). They're not that sleeper looking even stock, but they sure can move out with the AWD+Turbo!

Butthead said:
C.U. Fishin said:

Just remember that not all Honda's are slow. :wink:

I never hesitate to race a so called "performance" stang ... :lol: with our SUV, and you know what most times i see the stangs or srt's in my rear view mirror :D .
Dan

Derek said:
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD. Daily driven at 400hp 700ft.lbs
It has no problem towing the tin haha
This is an older picture, has a leveling kit and 35s now, plus a hard tonneau cover
ctd.jpg

I'm more interested in the 4 wheeler on the trailer. Whatcha got? Specs?

Had dreams of turning mine into this.
WarChild.jpg

However it does just fine with the right tires. Yep, that is the mud line on the door.
600J-04013_10a.jpg

Latest posts