Just Fishin'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
My favorite partner to fish with is my youngest daughter. She's 14 and has been fishing with me for a few years now since I started boating. Someone sent this to me this morning and I have to say that it really puts our fishing trips into perspective. Also gives me a strong reminder of the days that I was able to spend with my dad, fishing. I hope he's catching the big ones in heaven.

Take those kids fishing guys. You won't regret it. I know most of you already know this.

[youtube]IheODRwalEw[/youtube]

I've been looking forward to going fishing with my daughter since before she was born! I've been preparing mommy for that for about the same amount of time, ha-ha.

bulldog said:
Great song. One of these days I am going to have kids and show them the ropes. Gonna be fun for sure!!

You can have mine for a day or two a month if you want practice. :LOL2:

Great song, and I dont mean the part about fishing.

One of hte main reasons I encouraged my sons to join and stay in Cub/Boy Scouts. Sure there were others around, however we had lots of memories together. I made sure the Troop camped every month of the year, except for December. December we had a lock-in and called it junk night. We let them bring thier electronics/candy/etc., junk that was banned from the campouts. Yes we camped in the winter, and had cabins available for those who wished to sleep in them. We also did a High Adventure one week a year, usually a 50 mile backpacking trip, or Canadian fishing trip. I also spent a week at Summer Camp. I spent both of my two weeks vacation with them at Scouting functions every year.

I gave up an executive career lifestyle for my kids. I know they see that, and they are taking steps to be around for thier kids. Even though my kids are 23 and 27, both married and now in thier professional careers, I still tell them I love them and that I am proud of them. They still give me hugs when we part ways. Im proud of my sons, both are Eagle Scouts, one is an Lawyer, and the other is an Electrical Engineer. Both married great women, one a Tax Accountant, and the other a Nurse, respectively. I like to believe it all stems from my example, and taking the time to be with them.

My favorite photo is the two of them holding a stringer of 25-30 6" long perch when they were 7 and 3 years old. Both have smiles from eye to ear.

It ain't about the fishing.

Latest posts